Complaint Review: Dell

• Updated: Sat, February 04, 2012

• Reported By: Phyllis George — Earlysville Virginia United States of America
Dell
PO Box 81585 Austin, Texas United States of America

Dell Dell financial Services Complaining through Collection Dept. I am overdue for a bill I do not owe / or made this purchase Austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Dell Financiall Services

Received phone call from Dell Collections stating I was late on a charge made on 9/25/10 - I made no charged on that date - this was in the amount of $2187.45 - I stated I purchased ink in Octobrer for which I was never billed, but received the ink at my home in VA. They stated the ink charge on the bill was part of the """""$2187.45 - but the balance of the bill was for something delivered to somebody in Tennessee. I told them I had never ordered any other item other than the ink - they did not use any credit card number - nor did they use my file number with Dell - they said they used my social security number - i never heard of a purchase made with this number so I am denying this $2100.00 purchase and calling it a scam/fraud. I have reported it to the local police Albemarle County Police, 1600 5th St. Suite D.; Charlottesville, VA 434 296 5807 Case #2012-00409 Hopefully you can help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2012 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell/Austin-Texas-78708/Dell-Dell-financial-Services-Complaining-through-Collection-Dept-I-am-overdue-for-a-bill-823396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell

Dell Financiall Services

AUTHOR: Lonnie - (United States of America)

I have had a similar problem with DFS. It went on for two years. I finally filled a complaint with the Attorney General State of Oregon. Within 30 days Dell backed off cleared up my credit report and issued me a written apology.