Complaint Review: Dell

• Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: bink — Naples Florida USA
Dell

Dell Dell Computers Dell sells Canon but fails on product support Internet

I purchased a Canon EOS 60D Camera from Dell on 12/4/2012. With the purchase I added an extended warranty. The Dell rep assured me if anything went wrong Dell would take care of it for me. Two months later my camera had an issue so I called Dell. Took 2 days of calling to find out they will not assist me on the support for my product, that I would have to deal with Canon. They said the extended warranty will take effect after the initial 1 year manufacture warranty. Keep in mind all of Dell reps are from India or some other country and have very poor communication. I was shocked that Dell was walking away from the problem. I immediately asked to cancel my extended warranty saying that if they do not help me just 2 months after the purchase I don't trust them to help me a year or two from now. At first they refused to credit my account for the warranty. I insisted I would start a small claim (and I would) if they did not credit my account. After some yelling (on my part) they decided to credit my account. Two days of calling to find out they do not have anything to do with the warranty. I did call Canon and the representative, here in America, was extremely pleasant and helpful. They will handle my issue free of charge. It took less than 1 minute to get an English speaking operator and the entire event took less than 10 minutes. Why does a company like Dell take the profits when they have no intention of providing any support? Why buy extended warranties when they find ways around to avoid using them just when you need them the most? I hope Dell goes out of business. For me, I will never purchase anything from Dell again. I don't feel I should be supporting another country where the reps will do anything to avoid helping the consumer. For the record I must have been transfer 15 times.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell/internet/Dell-Dell-Computers-Dell-sells-Canon-but-fails-on-product-support-Internet-1013589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell