Complaint Review: Dell

• Submitted: Mon, November 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 02, 2009

• Reported By: Another Victim — Tuscaloosa Alabama United States of America

Dell fraud Internet

I paid extra to have access to top tech advice. When I started some grad classes on-line, I kept loosing my internet connection. Not knowing this is to be expected wihtout broad band or satellite, and I just didn't notice it so before since I didn't need to spend so much time, I called for help. This happened the next week, too. The first week, I had to go back in time on the computer. The second, week, I had to reinstall everything. One charged me over a hundred dollars to ask me to download a bunch of security programs from hippo.com The last one said they expect it may be worse and go over my maximum hours, and then, a tech would have to be sent to my home to fix hardware.

I had made straight A's the first week of my computer class and the school averaged it to a 71  since I could not work the third week, so I lost over $500 and would have had to repeat the class.

The third time, however, I called McAfee Security System which is from the people Dell had on my computer. They indicated that hippo.com is trouble and know for it. After scanning for more trouble, they took off all that showed me how to use the computer cleaner, and since now I clean often, scan often, and defragment, I have had no further trouble.

Overall I lost about $700 between the class and the fee for phoney top tech service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2009 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell/internet/Dell-fraud-Internet-518565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell