brick

• Updated: Tue, November 20, 2012

• Reported By: Jennifer — Queen Creek Arizona United States of America
Delta AIr Conditioning
P. O. Box 14632 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Delta AIr Conditioning Abode Air, Abode Air Conditioning BEWARE DELTA AIR CONDITIONING - Formerly Abode Air Phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: FILE A CLAIM With ATTORNEY GENERAL & CONTRACTORS STATE LIC BOARD

*UPDATE Employee: delta air conditioning is not abode by any name

*Consumer Comment: Delta Air and Acme Air honoring Abode Air contracts

*Author of original report: You are confusing two different posts.

*UPDATE Employee: Delta Air. LLC Is Not Abode Air

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Helping anyone i can

Do NOT do business with Delta Air Conditioning. They are ripoff artists. They were formerly DBA Abode Air Conditioning (AKA Abode Air) - be sure to look up the complaints against Abode in here. Must have gotten too hot for them as they disolved Abode Air Conditioning, but have now reconstituted as Delta Air Conditioning. It's all the same people in the office and the same field techs. I think they pay these techs a bonus or a percentage of the take to mess with your system and then charge parts and labor for what they broke.

These guys came to our house on a $39.99 special, sold us a $1,500 5 yr. parts/labor/service contract and then came back two weeks later for a freon top-off and broke our unit, which had otherwise been running just fine. Cost us $8,000 to replace the unit, which they did, because it was 115 degs. over a holiday weekend - of course.

Now they are back, as Delta Air, generously honoring Abode's service contracts, right? And suddenly we have a bad part on our brand new unit, which has been working fine and they want $500 - $600 parts and labor to fix it.  And if we don't fix it right now, today, johnny-on-the-spot, it voids our warranty. (Yes, they made us sign for that on the conveniently placed spot on their work sheet.)

We call the office of "Delta Air" and, lo and behold! There're our old friends Michael the supervisor and Manuel the office manager. Same guys  as Abode!!!

So, we said nope, not doing this again. We're getting a second opinion. Have a completely different company coming out Monday morning. (Funny how these guys always do this on a Friday, huh?) We are also going to call the Attorney General's Office and the BBB to register complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2011 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-AIr-Conditioning/Phoenix-Arizona-85063/Delta-AIr-Conditioning-Abode-Air-Abode-Air-Conditioning-BEWARE-DELTA-AIR-CONDITIONING-F-791283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta AIr Conditioning

FILE A CLAIM With ATTORNEY GENERAL & CONTRACTORS STATE LIC BOARD

AUTHOR: A/C Contractor - ()

You deserve your money back, AND you can get that money back by filing with those two agencies.

HOPE THIS HELPS

delta air conditioning is not abode by any name

AUTHOR: denise rudd - (United States of America)

Dear consumers:

delta air llc is not or ever been abode air or have anything to do with ron dew or john bair ripping off customers..

we have been in bussiness for 9 years and have no complaints with the att.general office or registrar of contractors.

we have a a plus rating with the bbb

we have a new general manager; ceasar ayon

and new customer service manager lona mason

Delta Air and Acme Air honoring Abode Air contracts

AUTHOR: Sharlene - (United States of America)

I too was a former Abode Air customer with a bi-annual service contract and was upset to hear they went out of business due to unethical practices. I too was contacted in May 2012 by Delta Air to honor our service contract with Abode. I initially set up an appointment with Delta but cancelled due to schedule conflicts. Then this afternoon I got a call from 'Acme Home services' claiming they had assumed the rights legally to service Abode customers contracts and when I told them I was contacted by Delta Air

they told me that Delta Air was in violation of this agreement they had made with Abode.I scheduled an appt in 2 weeks to have them service my unit, but skeptical of whom to trust, I did an Internet search on both Delta Air and Acme Home Services. What I found was surprising. Delta Air has an A rating with BBB with only 2 complaints listed and I couldnt find any info on Acme Home Services. So I did reverse lookup of Acme Home services number they gave me I found they are dba Acme Air LLC and under BBB for that name

it shows that Acme Air is an alias for Abode Air!! So it appears Delta is not Abode Air but Acme Air is Abode Air under a new name!!! Needless to say I will be contacting BBB to report Acme and though I didn't follow through with Delta for service so I cant evaluate them fairly. But I am skeptical of anyone offering to honor Abodes service contract. I think I will cut my losses and seek a reputable company on my own over someone contacting me by phone to solicit for service.

You are confusing two different posts.

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (United States of America)

I am the one who wrote the original post about your rip off company and crooked employees. From what I understand from other companies in your business - the reputable ones - you guys acquired Delta Air and then when Abode was being chased by the legal system, you "acquired" their contracts. BOGUS contracts, btw. You obviously acquired a bunch of their old crooked employees, too. Because we recongnized them the instant they got on the phone.

Here's the update on YOUR - Delta Air's - last service call to our house. Remember, the suddenly deficient parts on a BRAND NEW UNIT? The threat of voiding our warranty ON THE SPOT if we didn't allow your technician to "repair" the problem? The estimate from your guy, btw, was at least $500 on top of the $8,000 we had just spent.  We had three - count em - THREE other a/c companies come out to inspect the unit. Guess what? They ALL told us there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the unit, but they did say that in two areas on the outside ground unit, it looked like there had been some tampering - not service related - out and out tampering. We're guessing my husband walked out there right when the guy was about to jam something up.

If YOU are not a crook, your employees sure are. Maybe you should take a hard look at how you are paying and incenticizing them if you don't want to continue this bad reputation. Maybe if you are worried about your business reputation, you will use closer supevision, too. Maybe you will also refund our $1,500 service contract which we will never use now because we can't trust you! Fat chance of that.

Btw, of those 3 other companies that came out to look at our unit? Every single one of them knew about Abode and about Delta and had stories to tell from other of their customers who had exactly the same experience we did. You guys are CROOKS!

Delta Air. LLC Is Not Abode Air

AUTHOR: Delta Air Conditioning, LLC - (United States of America)

I am writing this rebuttal because it is very important to a very good company.  Delta Air, LLC is NOT Abode Air, LLC.  Delta Air has an A+ rating with the BBB, and 0 complaints with the Registrar of Contractors.  Delta Air went into business in December of 2003, which means we have an 8 year period of the record above.  Delta Air is a family owned and operated Air Conditioning company with a clean record and a great history.  We were in business 2 years before Abode Air even started its business, which means Delta Air was in business before Abode Air and there is no possible way Abode became Delta when it was closed down in September of 2011.  The complaint written says in the heading it is from an ex-employee of Abode Air, yet in the written portion describes a "customers" experience, so which is it a former employee or customer??  Delta Air does not have a Michael working in its office or a Manny as a supervisor.  Delta Air did however agree to service the customers who had paid for Bi annual service contracts with Abode Air.  This means those customers would have been left holding the bag on a contract they pre-paid money for and not gotten any of the services promised unless we did what was right and agreed to service those contracts, (to the willing).  What this means is these paying customers are given 2 free check-ups, free coil cleanings, 24 hour emergency service, and discounted pricing if they want a unit or service work done if their unit is not working. Those customers pre paid for that service with Abode Air and would have been left with no use or recourse of their contracts had Delta not offered to uphold those agreements.  Delta Air is NOT Abode Air.  Our record speaks for itself.  Please don't believe everything you read, at least not until you do some research.  Our license # is 191372, please feel free to look us up on the BBB website, and the Registrar of Contractors website to better understand our companies history.  Again, Delta Air IS NOT Abode Air.  Please look us up on the proper sites, and please don't believe everything you read until you do the proper research. Thank You.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Helping anyone i can

AUTHOR: ERIC - (United States of America)

Here is the home address & phone number of the owner of Abode Air  &  Delta Air Conditioning

Mr. Ron Dew