Complaint Review: Delta Airlines

• Submitted: Thu, October 28, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, April 06, 2008

• Reported By:Burlington Kentucky
Delta Airlines
www.delta.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Delta Airlines Ripoff Unsympathetic Employee Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Response to Jamie in Kentucky

*Consumer Suggestion: Some suggestions

My family and I were on vacation in Phoenix this summer. As our plane was taking off, one of the engines decided to stop. We had a connecting flight in Atlanta. When we got back to the terminal, we were told to check with the staff about the status of our connecting flight. After standing in line for 15 minutes, I finally got up to the desk. The supervisor for Delta, Patricia K. didn't even acknowledge my existence. I tried to get her attention and she just ignored me.

Needless to say, I was irate. After a 2 hour delay, we finally get in the air. The pilot says that there will be quite a few representatives at the gate to assist us with our connecting flights. After landing in Atlanta, we sat on the tarmack for a 1/2 hr because there was another plane at our gate. Once we get off the plane, there was only one Delta representative at the gate. We missed our connecting flight and ended up spending the night in a hotel compliments of Delta. What was so ironic, Delta had to put up 110 of the passengers on our flight for the night. Most of us stayed in the same hotel.

The next morning, we got to the airport in Atlanta 1 1/2 hours before our flight. We get to the gate and there's an announcement that our flight is going to be delayed because they have to find the flight crew! We left Atlanta 40 minutes late.

I think that Patricia K in Phoenix needs an attitude adjustment. I don't think she realizes that we, their customers, are paying her salary. From the type of service she provided, I think she might volunteer for Delta.

Jamie
Burlington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2004 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-Airlines/Atlanta-Georgia/Delta-Airlines-Ripoff-Unsympathetic-Employee-Phoenix-Arizona-115068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta Airlines

Response to Jamie in Kentucky

AUTHOR: The Red Barron - (U.S.A.)

Jamie, after reading your story I find it hard to believe that after making an emergency landing due to One of Two engines having a problem that you would be upset about missing a connection. Be thankful you landed safely.

It sounds like Patricia K was taking care of business when you got up to the desk after waiting a long 15 minutes. Were you the last in line?, what about the people behind you, with 110 passengers on your flight the line must have been moving right along until you arrived. You mentioned that you were "Irate", well Jamie if I was irate with you because of no fault of yours, would you want to talk to me? I doubt that Patricia K ignored you or anyone else, she was just doing her job so that you and everybody else were able to get on your flight.

It seems that after the Pilot announced that representatives would be at the gate and only one was there, the Pilot probably didn't know there would be a 1/2 hr delay. I really don't think that Patricia K or anyone could have done anything to please you. You need to wake up to the fact that things do happen that cause delays which create more work for the Airline employees that they have no control over. Perhaps you should volunteer your time to working for Delta, No better yet, enhance your education on flying commercial airlines or take Greyhound on your next vacation.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Some suggestions

AUTHOR: Ukiah - (U.S.A.)

Jamie,
What you've described is basically the state of flying in the United States today - regardless fo airline. However, as a Platinum member with over .5 million miles on Delta, I can offer some suggestions.

1. NEVER use the counter. You now clearly know why, unfortunately.
2. First, use the scanners at the gate if you can to see your new flights. Not available everywhere. Or use the automated phone counters. Based on your location, I'm guessing you fly out of CVG (Cincinnati/Northern KY Intl). The counter in the B concourse is near gate 14.
3. Call DeltaDirect. 800-221-1212. They can inform you of any changes, rebook you, etc., without you having to wait in line.
4. Go to Delta.com Same thing, you can do almost everything there that you can do by phone.

I'm very sorry to hear about your experiences, as Delta is one of the finest airlines out there in my opinion. Good luck in the future, and if I can help you further, please feel free to post a reply here.