Complaint Review: Delta Airlines

• Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: MAW53 — Alpine Utah United States of America
Delta Airlines

Delta Airlines Customer Service??? Internet

My wife was returning from medical treatment from another state.  There was little notice to plan the travel - and she was not in a condition to "arrange" her own travel.  I went online to Delta.com and procurred the ticket.  I called my wife and told her that her ticket would be "at the kiosk" or at the counter.  She asked that I also have her luggage prepaid so that she would be able to check in and get right to the gate.  Once again, I went online and finally found the right menu to arrange the luggage payment (yes, we all know that luggage used to be part of the ticket...).  Knowing that she would barely have time to get to the airport, check her bag, get through security, and get to the gate and get on the plane, I thought I should double check with Delta to ensure that the luggage was "taken care of" (at least per Delta's computers).  Customer service noted that it was on their computer and that my wife should be good to go.  A few days later we checked our Am Ex statement and found the charge for the ticket, the chare for the luggage, and an extra $25 charge.  I called Delta and they told me that the $25 charge was for the customer service call...and that has been a customary charge for "quite some time" and that I should have been told that I was going to be charged if I wanted service.  Well #1: I was not aware that Delta charged for customer service (does this seem strange to anyone?), #2: I was obviously unfamiliar that it was a customary charge, and #3: I was refused a refund of the $25 charge.  Give me/us a break Delta!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-Airlines/internet/Delta-Airlines-Customer-Service-Internet-741637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta Airlines