Complaint Review: Delta Dental of IL

Delta Dental of IL
Nationwide USA

Delta Dental of IL the point of insurance is...? Lisle IL

*Author of original report: Not Delta Dental's fault

On August 20, 2013, I had my bottom two wisdom teeth extracted. It was not elective surgery. They were causing cramping of the teeth and they were turning black anyway. Our insurance booklet said to call and have any surgeries approved beforehand. We did this twice and they said they would pay 80%. Our portion was $235.

Today, 4/4/14, I received a bill stating that insurance denied the claim of Dr. Dale Lentz. They said I was ineligible. They want $940. Good luck with that because I've been unemployed for 5 years. I want to know what the point of having insurance is and customer service that can't give you correct answers. Don't get Delta Dental. The monthly premium would be best spent as gas money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2014 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-Dental-of-IL/nationwide/Delta-Dental-of-IL-the-point-of-insurance-is-Lisle-IL-1136435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta Dental of IL

Not Delta Dental's fault

AUTHOR: Amy - ()

We called and learned that the dental receptionist never filed a claim with them. It comes down to one lazy receptionist. So somebody new is sending the claim to Delta Dental and both assured me that it will be fully covered. I would remove the ripoff report if the website had a delete button but they don't.