rank

• Updated: Thu, February 06, 2014

• Reported By: Pat — Alameda California
Delta Dental
100 First Street M/S 6DSan Francisco, CA 94105 , Select State/Province USA

Delta Dental I have a dental insurance from Delta Dental thru my wife. The plan covers expenses upto $500 a year all expenses. I just had root canal via their network of dentists which cost me over $1300. After spending over $800 from my pocket, I just found out, I could get the same service from open market less than $800. I have a feeling, dentists are paying insurance companies to find idiots like me. Insurance companies figured out how to make money both from consumers and dentist at the same time. What a scam, do not buy any dental insurance, you can not win. Let be a lesson to everyone at my expense. California

I have a dental insurance -covered by my wife's workplace from Delta Dental which covers only $500/year.

I just had a root canal which cost me little over $1300. I had to pay $800 from my pocket.  Unfortunately, insurance plan forced me to choose one of the dentists in their network.  I just found out that I could have had the same service less than $800 which really pissed me off. I think, dental insurance companies just figured out how to make money both from consumers and dentists simulatenously. There is good chance, instea of paying dentists, they are acting like 800-DENTIST disguised as insurance company.

Let it be a lesson to your  at my expense, do not bother to buy  dental insurance. They are gaming the system, they mastered every aspect of dental insurance which you can win.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-Dental/Select-StateProvince/Delta-Dental-I-have-a-dental-insurance-from-Delta-Dental-thru-my-wife-The-plan-covers-ex-1121605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta Dental