Complaint Review: Delta Mechanical

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: William — Denver Colorado
Delta Mechanical
6056 E. Baseline Road #155 Mesa, Arizona USA

Delta Mechanical Home Depot homedepot.com delta.com LIARS AND THIEVES! $56k in damage to my home and STILL won't fix it! Mesa Arizona

*Author of original report: The issue with the company has been resolved to our satisfaction

Delta Mechanical, through the Home Depot, installed two new AC systems in my home. One of the systems flooded my home with water 6 times during installation last fall causing over $56,000 in damage.

The company failed City Inspections 9 times, with well over 30 items listed not meeting minimum code requirements, and it took them over 4 months and 6 different technicians from around the country, to pass final inspection. Just in time for winter.

Delta’s insurance company offered to pay about $52,000 and said that if I want the full amount, then I would have to sue Delta to get it. Being completely exhausted by the whole thing, and not willing to spend $10,000 to sue them for $6,000, I accepted their offer. I assumed that was the end of it, but it wasn't.

I started the system up this spring. All seemed fine, until the same system began leaking water, again, into the attic, as well as the master bedroom and master bathroom below it. Delta sent out a technician who initially pointed out that certain parts of the system were installed incorrectly and that there were issues with some of the safety flood switches, which is why the system flooded my home.

I asked him to repair the system, so that we could get the air in my home cool and comfortable, once again. He said he would do so, but needed to call his manager first. He returned about 30 minutes later, and I was enormously shocked when he completely reversed his initial assessment and simply said that all of the systems were fine and nothing needed to be repaired. He said that because I replaced the filters only 15 days earlier, and not more frequently, that the system froze up, overwhelming the drain line and drain pan, causing the flood.

I asked why the flood sensor safety switches did not turn the system off to avoid the flooding. He said that it did turn the system off, but not completely because the system was overwhelmed by the air filters not being clean enough.

Obviously, this is a clear case of the business trying to “pass the buck” back to the consumer in a shameless attempt to avoid admitting responsibility.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-Mechanical/Mesa-Arizona-85206-/Delta-Mechanical-Home-Depot-homedepotcom-deltacom-LIARS-AND-THIEVES-56k-in-damage-to-1067304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta Mechanical

The issue with the company has been resolved to our satisfaction

AUTHOR: William - ()

The issue with the company has been resolved to our satisfaction.