Complaint Review: Delta Skymiles

• Updated: Thu, June 21, 2007

• Reported By:ft lauderdale Florida
Delta Skymiles
delta.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Delta Airlines delta Skymiles ripoff. refused to honor skymiles on partner air line air France for trip from Boston to Barcelona and Venice to boston in May 2005. Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Skymiles availability?

*UPDATE Employee: Skymiles

Ripped off by Delta Airlines Skymiles Program! In May 2005 I traveled from Boston to Barcelona Spain and from Venice Italy, back to Boston via Air France (Delta Partner). flights. I have had extensive correspondence with delta and have had no satisfaction.

Natalie
ft lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2006 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-Skymiles/nationwide/Delta-Airlines-delta-Skymiles-ripoff-refused-to-honor-skymiles-on-partner-air-line-air-Fr-177830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta Skymiles

Skymiles availability?

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Jenny, we all understand that there are limited seats available. But quite frankly I think it is a mythical number. I have been trying to use my skymiles for 2 years and have not once been able to get the seats. I am still waiting them to release SM seats for a trip this winter.

I went through all their hoops, call 326 days before hand or whatever it is, I called at 12.01am and all the next day and the following 4 months and nada. Yet everyday I get marketing from Delta and American Express to use my Amex so I can get wonderful miles to go on my own vacation, ha maybe I can get to Guadalarja but that is about it.

Three years ago and before that, Delta was excellent at releasing seats and I could use my SM every year and I was Platinum level, now I am just trying to use my last 100k+ so I can be done flying Delta. I travelled strictly with Delta for business and pleasure, but now AA gets my money and takes my FF miles.

Skymiles

AUTHOR: Jenny - (U.S.A.)

Do you realize that Delta only has a limilted number of Skymile seats on partner airlines? Delta would not refuse to honor Skymiles. It is all based on availability. You need to make a reservation as far in advance as possible and if the seats are not available for the times that you want to travel, go on a waitlist. If you are on a waitlist they will contact you if more SM seats open up.