Complaint Review: Delta air lines

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 10, 2012

• Reported By: shanto — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Delta air lines

Delta air lines not bothering to deal with in flight injury to me from a floor track that came loose and cut the back of my heal, Internet

*Consumer Comment: OP is greedy

*General Comment: How to get Delta to pay attention

I was a Delta airline passenger on the 14th of june 2012 as the plain was descending to land at New York JFK airport one of the floor tracks came free and hit the back of my left foot leaving me with an open cut and severe swelling to my foot and leg I informed the flight attendant, who then informed their seniors as i am disabled traveller i had to use a wheel chair i was left waiting in a drafty area where the passengers leave the plain for 30 minutes, before I was cleared at customs.The PAPD were called to receive the incident and a supervisor came and took my details when i rang delta airlines to report my complaint i spoke to an adviser who wasn't helpful at all after i stated i wanted to file a complaint and wished to be compensated for my injury,

regarding the incident after giving her the details of what happened during the flight and how i was injured she stated she didn't understand what it was i was trying to explain to her which i found very frustrating all she offered was a drink voucher which i refused as delta airlines offer drinks on the flight then she offered a $50 flight voucher which i declined then she asked me what was i expecting from delta airlines to compensate me with i requested a year's open return flight to any destination she refused that and i stated can i speak to anyone else she then stated that she can handle my complaint i stated that i will take legal action she then asked her supervisor a question on my request for the free year's return flight and she came back with instruction that her supervisor wouldn't even give me a $50 flight voucher.

The Delta adviser then stated that there are not going to bother with my complaint and that i should take it up with their legal and insurance department i was given a number which i rang and stressed the whole incident and the conversation that took place with the delta airline adviser i was then instructed to write a letter with all the information to another delta airlines department in Atlanta Georgia i haven't heard any thing from them since

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-air-lines/internet/Delta-air-lines-not-bothering-to-deal-with-in-flight-injury-to-me-from-a-floor-track-that-909230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta air lines

OP is greedy

AUTHOR: Jeb - (U.S.A.)

Why should you receive a free flight for a cut? You were injured - You didn't win the lottery! If you incurred medical expenses then you should be compensated for that, but nothing more.

#2 General Comment

How to get Delta to pay attention

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

THe only way; File a lawsuit, even in small claims court, and have fun doing it. I allways do!