Complaint Review: Deluxe Hire

Deluxe Hire
Bizspace Business Centre. London, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Deluxe Hire Then lied about goods being returned damaged. London United Kingdom

*General Comment: Small Claims Court Query

Wow - interesting to read the abundance of complaints from other trusting customers.

I got married early 2012 and hired goods from Deluxe Hire. We picked up the goods with no problem and arranged return of goods with Bebe on route to catch a flight. We specified what time and were told the office would be open.

Arriving in the taxi with the goods, there was no one on the premises and the door locked. We tried to call a number of times and waiting for 10 minute with no response.

We left the goods in a sheltered area on the premises out of sight from the main road.

Arriving back from out honeymoon, i called to enquire about our desposit. Bebe claimed that one beanbag had been damaged and that we would loose our £100 deposit. I asked for photo evidence as we had left the goods in perfect condition and she agreed to send it.

Two weeks later I called again. I was informed that the company only keeps photos for a month and that the photos had been destroyed. Convenient.

£100 is a small amount to loose compared to other victims but still very frustrating as we were honest customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2014 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deluxe-Hire/London-Select-StateProvince/Deluxe-Hire-Then-lied-about-goods-being-returned-damaged-London-United-Kingdom-1122277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Deluxe Hire

#1 General Comment

Small Claims Court Query

AUTHOR: nothing_deluxe_about_this - (United Kingdom)

Hi there,

I have just had a similar problem with Deluxe Hire and received similar abuse, intimidation and threats from Taylor/BeBe.

Do you know if anyone has filed a claims in Small Claims Court or if there is perhaps a joint claim that has been filed? If so, please could I have the details as I would like to join it.

I cannot fathom why this woman has not been put out of business and why she has been allowed to continue to prey on unsuspecting victims!

Kind Regards,

Edwina Cooksey

(((email and phone number redacted)))