Complaint Review: Dennis Burton & RPG

• Reported By: Valorie P — Dayton Ohio
Dennis Burton & RPG
Internet USA

Dennis Burton & RPG I was sucked in Internet

Just like a lot of others, I'm continuing to struggle financially to make ends meet.  When I received the offer from Mr. Burton/Huntt, I didn't respond initially; then, he sent another message.  I replied that the offer sounded too good to be true, which means it usually is; but, I do know there are some legitimate "mystery shopping" opportunities & hoped this was one of them & it might be a short-term solution.  So, I signed up.

I received the first check; but, when I went to cash it, my bank put a 2-day hold on it, despite the fact it was a cashier's check.  Mr. Burton/Huntt was NOT pleased & he emailed me multiple times daily directing me to get the cash to complete the transaction.  I should have ignored my desire to use this opportunity as a way to help myself financially; but, I went ahead & completed the transaction.

He even called me at home because the transaction number was incorrect.  Anyway, within 2 days, I received 2 more checks, which I also deposited with my bank; but, I was out of town for the weekend & unable to complete the transaction until 6/10/13.  When I went back to get the cash from my bank, they informed me of the problem -- that the first check was counterfeit.  I'm SO embarrassed to have succumbed to this scam!

I only hope that, with the information provided, this scam will, at some point, be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dennis-Burton-RPG/internet/Dennis-Burton-amp-RPG-I-was-sucked-in-Internet-1058191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dennis Burton & RPG