Complaint Review: Dennis Garner

• Reported By: Joseph — Las Vegas Nevada
Dennis Garner
1271 6th avenue, 35th floor New York , New York USA

Dennis Garner Pro Customer Research INC Mystery Shopper Scam New York New York

I have recieved a priority mail envelope in my mail box with a letter stating I have recieve an assignment as a mystery shopper. It is from a company called pro customer research INC, and is from a guy named Dennis Garner.

It is in the amount of 1680.00, and instructs me to cash at my bank, and send 1480 to a person named Linda Brooks with the address 159 corsica ave Manila Philippines 1905, and I was to keep the remaining 200 dollars. This was to be sent through western union, and I was to pose as a regular customer and deliver a report on how well western union treated me and my transaction.

I have no reculation of applying to this company, which makes me wonder how they got my information to send this check to begin with. I am not sure if I should change my email address, or even contact the police.

This check is from Ascend federal credit union, and is a cashiers check. I have tried calling the phone number of this company, and have tried calling the bank the check is from, but no luck. I am afraid of my name being corrupted, and I want something done about this. I am willing to give any information to the proper authorities about this, and I will go all the way and get a lawyer if I have to.

If anyone out there recieves anything like this, please do NOT cash the check, as you will be responsible. These people post mystery shopper jobs on craigslist, monster, indeed, and many more sites. Be careful everyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dennis-Garner/New-York-New-York-10020/Dennis-Garner-Pro-Customer-Research-INC-Mystery-Shopper-Scam-New-York-New-York-1079544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dennis Garner