Complaint Review: Denny's Market

• Submitted: Sun, February 18, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 18, 2007

• Reported By:Otisville Michigan
Denny's Market
411 N. State Rd. Otisville, Michigan U.S.A.

Denny's Market Fired for what??? Otisville Michigan

I was employed by this company for 3 years. The day before I was to be eligible for another paid vacation, I was awakened by a phone call telling me that I needed to come into the store immediately! I had worked my shift that day, leaving an hour early because I was ill. I asked if whatever the problem was could wait until the following day since I WAS ILL! I was told that it needed to be addressed that day!

I went in and was confronted by a manager, being told that my services were no longer needed, citing the reason being I had been observed smoking too close to the front entrance of building! I had done nothing different then what other employees and myself (including managers) had been doing since the store opened! When I tried to reply to the charges, I was cut off and told that no further discussion was warranted!

I am not the first employee that has been discharged unfairly by this company and I am sure I won't be the last!

So..what happened to the only benefit that I had with them....a two week paid vacation that I had fairly earned? Nothing! I didn't receive the pay for it!

Otisville, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2007 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dennys-Market/Otisville-Michigan-48463/Dennys-Market-Fired-for-what-Otisville-Michigan-236342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Denny's Market