Complaint Review: Denta White

• Updated: Tue, July 06, 2010

• Reported By: Pamela — Akron Ohio United States of America
Denta White
654 N. 800 East #505 Spanish Fork, Utah United States of America

Denta White Beware of their "FREE" trial; it COST me $92.37 and an overdrawn account! Spanish Fork, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: I've had similar problems

I read a testimonial online about some mom detailing how she found products that worked together to whiten her teeth. She explained about the free trials and in the article were links to the free trials so I clicked them and signed up.

There were codes to put in so that I would only have to pay 99 cents for shipping, then I would be able to receive my "free" trial. Nowhere did I read that there would be a charge of $92.37. I have received "free" items from other companies and they were just that - - free!

Today, I checked my account to find that it was overdrawn because someone was removing $92.37, so I called the bank and they gave me the telephone number that was listed on the transaction. I called the number and the person answering the phone did not identify the company by name. When I asked what company I had called, I was asked my name so that he (Alex) could ascertain if I had ordered something from them. (I found this curious because I used to work in customer service and we always identied our company and ourselves by our first names.)

After getting some lame excuse as to why there was no company identification, he proceeded to tell me that I had ordered their product and at the end of the "free" trial was a $92.37 charge! He also told me that apparently I missed those details in the add when I ordered. I sure did miss it! I never saw it even though I read everything I could find about the product on the web page I was on.

I feel like they've stolen money from me! They advertised a "free" trial and without ever having used the product, they took money out of my account! That's right - I haven't gotten the chance to use the product yet! I opened the package to see what it looked like, but that's it! It's still in the wrapping.

Alex told me to send it back to them and they would refund my money, but not until I sent it back. So much for the "free" trial!

I asked to speak to a manager or someone above him, but he gave me a hard time about that, stating over and over again that he had already helped me and done all that could be done at the time. He put me on hold and after a while I became even more frustrated and hung up!

I really wanted to try that product to see if I liked it or not, but I don't trust these people. They are ripoff artists and their slimy business tactics should be stopped!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2009 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Denta-White/Spanish-Fork-Utah-84660/Denta-White-Beware-of-their-FREE-trial-it-COST-me-9237-and-an-overdrawn-account-Spa-546944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Denta White

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I've had similar problems

AUTHOR: Tyler Getsinger - (USA)

I've had similar problems, but just with Denta White.

I found an updated phone number at (866) 982-5126. when i talked to the customer rep i kept a level head and they were helpful enough. I got my order canceled. I also found out you can cancel at white-smiles.com.