Complaint Review: Dental Pro

• Updated: Sat, June 22, 2013

• Reported By: PJB — Drybrook Gloucestershire Alabama
Dental Pro
Internet USA

Dental Pro Accessed my Credit Card account to remove unauthorised payments Internet

I was using a search engine when a pop-up occured suggesting a source for cheap teeth whitening products (Dentalpro and Teeth Whitening) There was no indication that this was other than a one-offpurchase. I believe it was the sameadvertisement pertaining to have come from a mom who had found a source of inexpensive tooth whitening,that wasmentioned by your previous complainant.

I was charged 80p (2p transaction fee) and £2.49 (7p transaction fee) and 2 packages arrived. The first contained 1 dental'pen' the second 2 'pens' identical to the first. They didn't look particularly good, I never used them and put them to one  side.

No other products arrived.

29 days later my credit card was billed for £61.90 by Dentalpro.

I have been in touch with my credit card company, cancelled the card and asked them to challenge the payment request.

Looking at the packaging,the first pack contains one pen and the packaging is identical to the pack with 2 pens.However, It is marked Free Trial (1) Professional Teeth Whitening applicator, whilst the second package containing the 2 pens is marked COMPLETE PROGRAM (2)Professional Teeth Whitening Applicators.

When I tried to find the original company it appeared to be quite mobile.  I note that previous complainants have stated that the company address was Boulder Colorado. The website suggests Henderson, Nevada and the address on the product suggests Scottsdale Arizona.

I have copied my letters to Dentalpro to a Fight Fraud Site in Nevada and the Consumer Information and Complaints Dept Tucson, Arizona.

I will be sending the products to a BBC consumer programme in the Uk for an opinion of their usefulness/safety.

I think everyone should be alert to this scam. I am sure there must be legitimate safe dental whitening products available,but a company which uses these sort of selling techniques is not likely to be a source of safe and effective products.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2013 05:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dental-Pro/internet/Dental-Pro-Accessed-my-Credit-Card-account-to-remove-unauthorised-payments-Internet-1061188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dental Pro