Complaint Review: Dentalworks - Lincoln Park, MI

• Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: Disgusted in LP — Lincoln Park Michigan United States of America
Dentalworks - Lincoln Park, MI
100 Southfield Rd. Lincoln Park, Michigan United States of America

Dentalworks - Lincoln Park, MI BEWARE! Don't fall for their scare tactics! Lincoln Park, Michigan

*Author of original report: BEWARE! Don't fall for their scare tactics!

I went to Dentalworks inside the Lincoln Park, MI Sears store because I purchased some independent insurance and wanted to have a cleaning done.

Well, instead of going in for a cleaning, they tried to sell me $5K worth of work.  Scared the crap out of me telling me I had gum disease, receding gum lines, a TON of cavities, etc. etc. etc.  Oh and they refused to clean my teeth until I started on their regimen.

I went to another dentist to get one tooth taken care of, and without seeing the x-rays from Dentalworks, he couldn't say what they were seeing (I couldn't afford a second set) but through visualization, he didn't see all the issues they were discussing.  He said he could not say they were wrong, but he really didn't see it.

Now I finally have Delta Dental again so I went to a real dentist.  He told me I DO NOT have any cavities, and as for the other things, BS!  He also said I take very good care of my teeththe opposite of what Dentalworks told me!

All this time (2 years) I've been trying to figure out how to come up with the money for the dental work they claimed I needed and I've been terrified I was going to lose my teeth because I could not afford to do all the work they claimed I needed!

Although I let them scare me, I didn't fall for their scam and I hope someone else will be spared from these con-artists after reading this! So.if you plan to go to Dentalworks for a cleaning be prepared for the sticker shock!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dentalworks-Lincoln-Park-MI/Lincoln-Park-Michigan-48146/Dentalworks-Lincoln-Park-MI-BEWARE-Dont-fall-for-their-scare-tactics-Lincoln-Park-971277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dentalworks - Lincoln Park, MI

BEWARE! Don't fall for their scare tactics!

AUTHOR: Disgusted in LP - (United States of America)

Well, instead of going in for a cleaning, they tried to sell me $5K worth of work.  Scared the crap out of me telling me I had gum disease, receding gum lines, a TON of cavities, etc. etc. etc.  Oh and they refused to clean my teeth until I started on their regimen and allowed them to do a "deep root" cleaning first.