Complaint Review: Denver Health and Carola Webb and American Medical Response

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Denver Colorado
Denver Health and Carola Webb and American Medical Response
777 Bannock Street, Denver CO Dallas, Texas USA

Denver Health and Carola Webb and American Medical Response Information updating previous report about wrongful billing by American Medical Response via Denver Health Transportaion to Medical appointments Dallas and Denver Texas and Colo

I was asked to write this update on the report by someone at Denver Health (via telephone with bad connection or voice on speaker phone while I was traveling by bus to bank),  I was told it reflects badly upon Denver Health, and I think that now they know this is serious enough to warrant attention before it impacts my credit rating because of wrongful billing of transportation to me by American Medical Response Corporation.

Perhaps this should have been brought to the attention of the person who spoke to me before the problem escalated to the point where I have received letters threatening collection and being told by someone in Member Services that if it went to collection that they could do nothing about it.

When I first received the first billing from AMR, I called Member Services at Denver Health and was told to fax the billing to the supervisor there, Theresa.  I thought the situation was being resolved and asked for that resolution in writing.  I have nothing in writing to prove this has been resolved but have been verbally told that it is being addressed.  So, in that respect, I have to say that Denver Health Grievance Department is working on this.  However, since I believed that after I originally faxed the first billing to Member Services Supervisor that it would be resolved favorably, I am now wondering why this was not taken care of then.

I made a special trip to the local grocery store to fax the billing with a cover sheet to be certain that it was received by that supervisor.  Then I was told about a week ago that that supervisor was on vacation when I called to inform that I got a precollection letter from AMR.

Frankly, I would like to believe that Denver Health Medical is in the process of resolving this and I think that most likely things "fell through the cracks" and it was not a deliberate act.  But, I have to say that deliberate or not, it happened and could cause considerable damage to me via my credit report and my hope is that this can be resolved.  I am sure that I am not the only one who has had a problem with such things, but when it impacts one personally, it does make an individual take notice.

Now I have written this information at the request of the Grievance Department at Denver Health.  Thus far, it is not resolved and when I have it in writing from AMR, Denver Health and the Head of the Grievance Department, then I will say that they actually did what was supposed to be done in the first place.  It was not my goal to have a dispute or disputes with Denver Health, Ms. Webb or American Medical Response and I am hopeful it will be completely resolved QUICKLY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Denver-Health-and-Carola-Webb-and-American-Medical-Response/Dallas-Texas/Denver-Health-and-Carola-Webb-and-American-Medical-Response-Information-updating-previou-1058068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Denver Health and Carola Webb and American Medical Response