Complaint Review: Denver School lunches

• Reported By: Brad — broomfield Colorado United States of America
Denver School lunches

Denver School lunches Fabricated a reason to fire me! Internet

*Consumer Comment: comment

This is employer is LIER! I got hired by Michael Sudack who owns Denver School lunches after via a very brief phone conversation. Note: he never asked what if any limitations /disabilities might I have. He asked me to show up on a day to try out a shift. I showed up on time and met with his employee rep: (Anna). I worked a 2 hour shift consisting of filling food trays with food, handing out side items after the kids got their food, and unloading/loading supplies from the food can. Another employee was there that had done the shift once or twice before. I was able to do everything that the other employee did and what ever else was asked of me. I did ask if I could do some of the duties sitting, the side item job did not require standing, so I did that about 50% of the time. When the shift ended Anna did ask if I would have to sit and I said I could not stand COMFORTABLY for 2 hrs non stop. She said no problem & we would have find a different stool because the one I used was from a teachers desk. I said I would bring my own. She said that I did fine and show up for the next scheduled shift and someone would call me. I got an email 2 days later from the owner, Micheal. He said that I could not lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and that us why he could not have me work any more shifts. I called him on the phone and confronted him on this issue because it was fabricated by Anna or Michael. I said that I was forthcoming about a chronic pain condition that I have with Anna. That was never an issue. Michael said I didnt disclose my chronic pain. I said you didn't ask anything that warranted me to. I asked if he was aware of ADA laws and said he was. He said he would not be asking ne to come back as i was getting irate. Conservation was over.

Sent from Brad H's iPhone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 11:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Denver-School-lunches/internet/Denver-School-lunches-Fabricated-a-reason-to-fire-me-Internet-964067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Denver School lunches

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Like you, I have a mild disability (bad back) that would prohibit me from standing comfortably for 2 hours. That doesn't mean the employer violated ADA laws.  The law states that they can't discriminate, and that they have to make reasonable accommodations.  If the job requires an employee to be able to lift 50 pounds, and you can't do that regularly, then he doesn't have to hire you.  Just because you didn't do it that particular day doesn't mean you wouldn't have to do it in the future. Perhaps Anna didn't communicate this to her supervisor when you did you first shift.

In these times of unemployment, I can understand your distress at not getting a job you thought you could do.  But in this case, it seems the employer was right.

I hope you'll keep trying to find a job that you're able to do.  Good luck!

youd