Complaint Review: Department Of Human Service Allie Menzel

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:Waterloo Iowa
Department Of Human Service Allie Menzel
701 S. Elmwood Traverse City, Michigan U.S.A.

Allie Menzel, CPS Worker In Grand Traverse County Allie Menzel removed my kids, unfounded and did not give them back! Traverse City Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Wait

To It May Concern:

When CPS removes a child from the home, if proper procedure is followed, assistance and services are supposed to be offered, along with a report informing the courts and the parent(s) whether or not the reason(s) for removing their children are founded. The report is supposed to be finished within thirty days after the incident for removal. When I asked about the required report dealing with my case the CPS worker handling my case, Allie Menzel, failed to produce one. By doing so she failed state to me or the court whether or not my case is founded. And even now, 11 months after the incident, she has not produced a report. My first attorney Paul Jarboe, has requested the report and is told one does not exist. My second attorney, Robert Stearns, has also requested a copy of the report. He has not received one. If no report exist, then why are my children not with me? It is my understanding, from reading the CPS manual, that if a report is not filed within thirty days or is not founded then the children are to be returned to the parent(s). Thirty days is long past.

Not only has Allie Menzel failed to follow the procedure of producing a report stating whether or not my case is founded, she has not offered me a plan of reunification. Instead, she has taken the liberty to placed my children with my ex-husband in Colorado. This was done nearly a month after they were taken from me. When I asked why, she informed me that CPS was reuniting the children with the family, their father. It is my understanding that this is not proper procedure. If I read the CPS manual correctly, the reunification is supposed to be with the custodial parent, the one whom the court gave custody toome. I understand that reunification depends on the severity of the case as determined by the report and the court, observations of how the children act towards the parent, and how the parent and children progress as they follow the reunification plan and the services and assistance offered. In my case there is no report, nor were any services offered, and no reunification plan exists.

Instead, it has been offered to me, via my first lawyer, that if I do a change of custody to my ex-husband the prosecuting attorney, Amanda Steele, will close the case. I was told that if I failed to do this my parental rights would most likely will be terminated. So, fearing I would never see my children again, I grievously gave in. Since that day, I've hire more lawyers. I've moved from Michigan to Iowa and have discovered that it is not proper for me to be forced to give up my children to my ex-husband without a report, that reunification means reuniting with me, that my rights may have been violated, and that Allie Menzel has no regard for the procedures in the Michigan CPD manual, which can be found at www.mfia.state.mi.us/olmweb/ex/cfp/cfp.pdf

PSI have recently discovered that my case is unfounded. My children have not been returned to me.

Melissa
Waterloo, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Department-Of-Human-Service-Allie-Menzel/Traverse-City-Michigan-49684/Allie-Menzel-CPS-Worker-In-Grand-Traverse-County-Allie-Menzel-removed-my-kids-unfounded-472280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Department Of Human Service Allie Menzel

Wait

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Did you sign over your rights to your ex-husband? Did I catch that part?

if you did, that complicates everything. Even if they get you your report, you still terminated your rights to the children by making your ex-husband the custodial parent. That's going to make anything you do very hard.

Why did they take the children in the first place? Surely you have some idea.

Did you sign over your rights to your ex-husband before or after they were placed with him?

There's a lot missing from this story.