Complaint Review: Department Of Law And Investigations

• Submitted: Thu, July 23, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 23, 2009

• Reported By:Bay Area California
Department Of Law And Investigations
Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Department Of Law And Investigations - Legal Affidavit Office Collection office scam Washington District of Columbia

Please don't let these people get to you guys. They are scammers.

They started calling me in January of 09 under the name "Legal Affidvit Office". I admit they scared me the first time, telling me to give them $900 or meet them at the courthouse tomorrow morning....but I didn't give in, and researched them and found out they are a scam. I did file a complaint with the FTC for whatever good it did.

They called me again in June using the same name, Legal Affidavit Office and today I got a call from the again, saying they were from Department of Law and Investigations. I recognized the middle eastern accents right away and before they even got started I told them "I've heard of you guys, you're a scam, I'm hanging up and don't call me back" and that was it (for now at least).

If they leave you voice mails, save them. If they happen to get you on the phone, don't let them upset you, if they see that they have you scared or angry, they will keep pressing you. Just give them some smart a*s response like, "Oh okay whatever you say" and hang up. Don't give them any info. If they read you off your SS#, say it isn't yours. That's what I did the second time they called me and it flustered them, they read off my address, told them it was incorrect (even though it wasn't) and they hung up.

Stop Scammers
Bay Area, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2009 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Department-Of-Law-And-Investigations/Washington-District-of-Columbia/Department-Of-Law-And-Investigations-Legal-Affidavit-Office-Collection-office-scam-Washi-472600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Department Of Law And Investigations