Complaint Review: Department Of Social Services Child Support Collection Unit

• Submitted: Fri, November 19, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 19, 2004

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
Department Of Social Services Child Support Collection Unit
33 N. Fitzugh Street Rochester, New York U.S.A.

Department Of Social Services Child Support Collection Unit Charge child support for a child that has lived with me for 12 years ripoff Rochester New York

This company or government agency has been charging me support for a child that has lived with me for 12 years. after several ateempts of going to court to fight this matter all I ever got was an extended court date. Since I live in colorado and the case is in New York I was not able(financially) to make the extended court dates since they were taking most of my pay check.

Not being able to afford a laywer and making too much to qualify for legal assistance (because they were taking most of me pay check and most public help goes by gross income not net) I was unable to obtain any help. I finally decided to turn to the internet the one thing I found out that this organization would not tell me was that I could fight this case without have to be in New york.

Well to make a long story short. I got them to drop the child support for the child but they refuse to drop the back child support or give me credit for the support I payed for a child that has lived with me for 12 years.

This is without any support from the childs mother. Their excuse is that since she is on welfare and she has been collecting welfare for a child that she doesn't have. I am responsible to pay for her fraud. Maybe I'm crazy but that's just not fair. What a rip off.

Andre
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2004 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Department-Of-Social-Services-Child-Support-Collection-Unit/Rochester-New-York-14614/Department-Of-Social-Services-Child-Support-Collection-Unit-Charge-child-support-for-a-chi-118941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Department Of Social Services Child Support Collection Unit