Complaint Review: Department Of Social Services

• Submitted: Fri, October 14, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, October 14, 2005

• Reported By:columbia South Carolina
Department Of Social Services
Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

Department Of Social Services RIPOFF welfare of children Charleston South Carolina

My husband and I got a call on night at 11:30pm from his youngest brother (from his father)who he really doesnt know. My husband is 40 and his brother is 25 (now). To make a long story short, the brother-in-law has a child with his wife (under age at time of marriage and child birth)and she has another child with my sister-in-laws ex-boyfriend. Anyway All parents lost custody of the two kids (4 1/2 and 3). So now we have temp. custody of the kids one is the biological nephew and the other child is not, but we wanted to keep them together because they been in the system for 4 years (remember the oldest is only 4 1/2)and each other is all they have.

My brother in law and the mother is ordered by the state to pay child support, mother doesnt pay and the brother in law paid for 3 months ($48.00 wkly) before stopping. Remember the child support was for the biological nephew the baby gets nothing. DSS is providing the ABC vochure only. We have three kids of our own (youngest 15), and raising 2 more with no support is hard. The state will not support these kids because they are with relatives and go by my and my husbands income, our income is just enough for our own family. The oldest child (4) has emotion problems and I get called from the school or day care about his behavior. This is what we dont understand some one please explain, why the State of South Carolina placed two small children with family and except for the family members to take full responsibility financially for these kids and the parents can get away scott free. We due everything for the kids and the state will not help us instead it appears the state of South Carolina does not care for its children. Thank God I am not from here.

columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2005 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Department-Of-Social-Services/Charleston-South-Carolina/Department-Of-Social-Services-RIPOFF-welfare-of-children-Charleston-South-Carolina-160778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Department Of Social Services