Complaint Review: Department of Legal Affairs and Investiagations

• Updated: Sun, January 29, 2012

• Reported By: Jessica — Anywhere Nationwide United States of America
Department of Legal Affairs and Investiagations
Nationwide United States of America

Department of Legal Affairs and Investiagations THREATENING PHONE CALLS New York and California, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Have you reported this to the Army?

My husband started receiving phone calls from this company about a month ago. Honestly though, we never check our house voicemail and even more rarely answer the phone so we didn't realize what it was until two days ago. I had four messages on my voicemail (which I have transferred to voice files and forwarded to the FBI) threatening my husband if he did not call them back or have his attorney to call them back. I called them at 6463811996 and inquired what this was about. A very indian sounding "Ryan Smith" answered the phone and started laughing at me. I asked him what this was about, the name of his company, etc. He started stating all of my husbands information (including place of employment and ss#) at which point scared the hell out of me. He wouldn't tell me who they were, what they wanted, nothing. He just kept laughing at me telling me my husband was in BIG TROUBLE!! So I hung up on them and tried to call back, this time a "Rick Brown" answered. Again, the same thing. No one would give me any information as to why they were calling. I traced the number to New York. I tried to call back yesterday on that number and it was disconnected. Imagine that. So yesterday morning at 730 am we received another call from "Legal affairs and investigations" at 5308842918 from a "Michelle Brown". So I called Michelle back, and asked what the name of her company was, she stated, "Department of Legal Affairs and Investigations". She then said, what is your name and I said you can't have my name, but the FBI has yours now and hung up. She called back, and asked to speak with my husband and I said, "No, he's not going to speak with you either" and hung up on her again. Then I decided to call back and try to get an address. This number kept going directly to "Michelle" lol, and when she did pick up, I asked to speak to her boss and she handed me over to a "Michael Carter". Michael proceeded to tell me my husband had taken out a loan and that he didn't repay it and had committed fraud. I asked him to send me proof and he said blatantly, "No". I asked him why not, if we owe money, we will pay it, at which point he said for me to call the FBI and talk with them about it and hung up on me. I tried calling back numerous times and it either went to voicemail, someone would pick up and hang up or it would have a busy signal. I've forwarded all of the information to the FBI ic3.gov website and I would advise all of you to do so as well. They have valid identification information and could use that to gain American passports, drivers licenses, birth certificates etc which could be a threat to National Security. My husband has security clearance through the US Army and has access to things normal soldiers cannot. This group has got to be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2012 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Department-of-Legal-Affairs-and-Investiagations/nationwide/Department-of-Legal-Affairs-and-Investiagations-THREATENING-PHONE-CALLS-New-York-and-Cali-830542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Department of Legal Affairs and Investiagations

Have you reported this to the Army?

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

While I think these foreigners are in it just for the money, you raise some valid concerns about identity theft and its consequences.

Since your husband has a military clearance that could be compromised, you should consider reporting this to the Army.  With some luck, the next SEAL Team Six operation could be to wipe out the jackasses that have been operating this scam.

Harvard