Complaint Review: Department of Legal Affairs

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Judi — McCordsville Indiana
Department of Legal Affairs
unknown , Select State/Province USA

Department of Legal Affairs IRS Received call on my cell two weeks ago from someone with thick accent saying he was from IRS and i was told to call back immediately because of pending legal action. I looked up the number on whitepages.com and it showed it was a VOIP number in California. He called again and left message that i should contact his supervisor immediately. I tried to call the number again and still no answer. Decided it was a scam so I didn't worry about it. Today, I received a call from another person with a thick foreign accent who said his name was Alex Stone. He said he was from Department of Legal Affairs and I had a legal action started against me and I needed to be sure and call right away. Tried to call the number he left and again, no answer. I looked this phone number up on Whitepages.com and it said it was coming from a phone number in teh Bronx, New York. The calls are very scary and threatening so I was glad to read on Ripoff Report that others are getting the same calls. Bronx New York

I received a phone call on my cell phone two weeks ago from a man with a heavy foreign accent.  He was very difficult to understand and I had to listen to the message several times to understand what he was saying.   He left a message that he was from the IRS.  He said that I needed to call him back right away and that i should not disregard this call because of pending legal action against me.  He left a phone number that I tried to call, but it would not ring in at all.  THere was just a beep and then dead silence. I tried to call mutiple times, but always the same thing.  He then called again two hours later and this time I answered.  He said that I was going to have legal action taken against me and that I should call his supervisor right away because he was at his desk.  I told him that I have an attorney and I needed to know what this was about.  He again told me to call his supervisor and he hung up.  I tried to call the number back, and again only dead silence.  I then looked up this phone number on whitepages.com. It said it was from a VOIP number out of California.  I knew at this point that it was a scam because the local IRS office for the state that I live in is in Cincinnati, OH and they always would give an 800# to call back.  Either way it was scary.

Today, I received another message on my cell phone from someone with a thick, foreign accent who called himself, Alex Stone. He said he was from the Department of Legal Affairs and I needed to call back right away because there was a pending legal action against me and I should call to "avoid a legal mess".  He left a phone number of 347-637-6594.  When I tried to call this number, there was dead silence again.  I looked this number up on Whitepages.com and it came from a call in Bronx, New York.  I know now these calls are a fraud, but they are very threatening and frighteing when you get them.

I would like to know how to report these guys to the authorities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Department-of-Legal-Affairs/Select-StateProvince/Department-of-Legal-Affairs-IRS-Received-call-on-my-cell-two-weeks-ago-from-someone-with-1095202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Department of Legal Affairs