Complaint Review: Derby Car Center

• Reported By: Eddie — Internet United Kingdom
Derby Car Center
Derwent St. Derby. DE1 2ET Internet United States of America

Derby Car Center Sold car not as advertised and had many issues Derby, Internet

*Author of original report: reply

*Consumer Comment: Stupid!

Purchased  the car "over the phone" (my mistake) and had it delivered to me, after it had had a full 12 month MOT.
The delivery driver said that the rear wheel bearings had gone on his way down to me, and needed to turn the car stereo up as they were that bad.
On getting into the car for the first time, the mileage was 50,000 more than advertised.

I complained that day, and was told, my warranty would be upgraded as a good will gesture.
Booked the car in, to be told the warranty did not cover my problems.

Eventually the company paid for the rear bearings to be done, but has now refused to pay any more.

I`m having more work done, and its going to cost a lot more to get this car right, and Derby Motors has refused to give me my money back.

I really wouldnt recommend anyone using this company

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 04:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Derby-Car-Center/internet/Derby-Car-Center-Sold-car-not-as-advertised-and-had-many-issues-Derby-Internet-1007164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Derby Car Center

AUTHOR: Eddie - (United Kingdom)

Yeah, I agree.

All my instincts were telling me not to go through with this sale, but with it coming from a recognised dealer, I convinced myself to buy the car.

You learn by your mistakes.

Stupid!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Yes, blame the seller.  Was the seller at fault?  Probably.  But lets look at YOU.  Who sent off money without even seeing this USED car?  Who bought this USED car without even seeing it?  Unbelievable.  In the words of P. T. Barnum..."A sucker is born every minute!"