Complaint Review: Dermagenix, ProDermagenix

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: DrewVT6 — Westminster California
Dermagenix, ProDermagenix
Internet USA

Dermagenix, ProDermagenix Free Trial Scam - Continuous charges to my bank account Internet Internet

*Consumer Comment: HIDDEN INFORMATION

*Consumer Comment: Same Issue Here

ProDermagenix popped up as a reward for a survey I took. As a fool I entered my credit card number to get their free sample for my wife. In their fine print they notify you that within twenty days of placing the order, you must cancel the free trial or they will charge you for a bi-monthly subscription.

They are very difficult to trace when trying to contact. They have a few published phone numbers that have no answering service and rarely pick-up during posted business hours. One published number states that due to a "power outtage" they have left the office and will return on Thursday Martage[sic] 28th. I have to assume the message intends to say March 28th, but that makes zero sense considering today is May 1st. They have all of their domain services listed by proxy so that none of their web business is traceable to a brick and mortar location.

In researching this company and its products I find many other similarly named products across the United States and Europe who use a similar marketing scam.

Here's hoping I'm able to get my money back from these con-artists!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dermagenix-ProDermagenix/internet/Dermagenix-ProDermagenix-Free-Trial-Scam-Continuous-charges-to-my-bank-account-Intern-1047855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dermagenix, ProDermagenix

HIDDEN INFORMATION

AUTHOR: underline scam - ()

I may have missed it, but I order this product as a free trial. Under the impression I was going to get a free trial size of the product and only have to pay the shipping charges. Later to find out the billed my card $129.00 when calling they claim it was a 14 day free trial period and you had to send the product back. HaS I understood that from the start I would have not order the product. Very miss represented.

Same Issue Here

AUTHOR: Debbie610 - ()

The EXACT same thing happened to me!!  Upon receiving my monthly credit card statement I contacted the 800# with no resolution UNLESS I returned the product which I thought was a reward for taking a survey.  At first they were only going to give me credit for return of the product once received and I insisted that the original S&H charge also be included.  I guess we'll see when I return the product if that is honored.  This happened through a pop-up while signing into my online banking with an endorsement that they were offering this through the bank.   I have also made my bank aware of this occurred since I have pop-ups blocked EXCEPT for their website.  Hopefully all I will be out of pocket will be for the return shipping.  No more surveys for me!!  This has been very time consuming.