Complaint Review: Dermitage - Skin Renewal

• Updated: Fri, November 20, 2009

• Reported By: ChantiNiven — Woodland Hills California United States of America
Dermitage - Skin Renewal

Dermitage - Skin Renewal Misleading Offer Internet

I ordered the two week trial period of Dermitage products special offer in September. I called Customer Services prior to the expiration of the offer to ensure that I did not get charged for the products. The representative gave me an extension until the 12th October as she said that it would take some time for me to notice a difference in my skin. On the 12th October I called Customer Services repeatedly and was not able to get through. I then sent an email to ensure that my call was on record. I tried calling again and again over the following days but without success. On the 23rd October but by this time the amount of $ 109.45 had already been deducted from my account (10/19). I never at any stage gave authority for this amount to be deducted and since I was not able to get an RMA number prior to this deduction being made, I am extremely upset that this was done without my permission.

The deduction resulted in my account being overdrawn since I hadn't made provision for the deduction and I was charged $70 in overdraft fees over the two days it took me to discover the withdrawal.

Please Note: This is what Dermitage say on their own site:

"If you like how our system reduces the visible signs of skin aging, do nothing at the end of your free-trial period you will be billed the discounted price of $99.95. If for any reason the system is not for you, call Dermitge Customer Care toll-free at 800-886-8805 within your 14-day free-trial period to cancel. Then simply return the product (even if it is empty!) and you will NEVER be billed. No commitments, no hassles."

They promise you will "NEVER be billed" but that is precisely what they do. I was billed $ 109.45 and I've subsequently heard via other sources that people are being charged this amount monthly!!!

CONSUMERS PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Reading the fine print it not enough. I will no longer give my credit card information out online.

PS: The product made absolutely NO difference to my skin and in fact my skin felt dryer than usual after the trial.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2009 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dermitage-Skin-Renewal/internet/Dermitage-Skin-Renewal-Misleading-Offer-Internet-526505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dermitage - Skin Renewal