Complaint Review: Dermitage

• Submitted: Mon, January 03, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 03, 2011

• Reported By: Me — Foxboro Massachusetts United States of America
5300 Ontario Mills Parkway, Unit 400, Ontario, CA Internet United States of America

Dermitage signed up for a free trial sample and was charged full price of $89.95 Internet

I signed up with Dermitage for a free trial size sample of their product. Several weeks later I received the product but no invoice. I believe this was in early November. I received my credit card bill and $89.95 was charged to my account on 12/5 from Dermitage. It seems I received the full size, not the free sample as requested. I called Dermitage to file a complaint and get my money back. She simply refused saying I signed up for a 14-day trial and had to cancel future orders if I wasn't interested. Nowhere on the site did I sign up for a 14-day trial nor was I advised of the cost. Their cost was unauthorized. I contactedmy credit cardcompany, Discover Card,and sinceI still had the product and never opened or used it, they advised me to mail it back toDermitage by certified mail, return receipt requested. They then had 15 days to credit my account or therewould be an investigation. I called Dermitage again to get their address and all I got was a run around that 30 days had run out, which is not trueand they wouldn't give me their address. Thankfully it's located in the privacy policy, and looks fishy to me.I also filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission since this looks like a simple bait and switch scam. I advise everyone who has this problem to file a report as well. If you don't complain, nothing will ever get fixed. Will let you know what happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2011 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dermitage/internet/Dermitage-signed-up-for-a-free-trial-sample-and-was-charged-full-price-of-8995-Interne-678229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dermitage