Complaint Review: Desert Academy Private School

• Submitted: Wed, November 30, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 30, 2005

• Reported By:anthem Arizona
Desert Academy Private School
42212 N. 41st Dr. Suite 103 Anthem, Arizona U.S.A.

Desert Academy Private School ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing and business practices Anthem Arizona

*Author of original report: HORRIBLE school

I pulled my 5 year old child out of this school because the teacher and the director were incompetent. They did not want to listen to the parents' suggestions or concerns about their children's education. Whe apporached about our concerns, the owner/director was extremely argumentative and abrasive. The school's owner/director, Aimee Cvancara, is not even an acredited teacher and has no previous experience in the child education field.

My daughter's teacher would have the kids sit at their desk and do packets of work all day without any interaction with the students. She was a proctor, not a teacher. This is not the way to encourage kids about school nor keep them interested and motivated.

Nonetheless, I gave the required 30 day notice an enrolled my child in private school in Phoenix. Had I known the owner was also a liar and a thief, I would have never paid my duaghter's tuition for the last month. The owner did not refund us the remaining portion of the tuition nor the $425 of prepaid tuition for a total of $500!

This, I've now found out, is not an isolated incident. One poor family had FOUR kids enrolled in the school and puller their children out for the same reasons. They were stiffed for alost 4 times as much money. We also later found out that one of the teachers left as well because she did not approve of the the owner's business and ethical practices.

The onwer does not return phone calls and threatens to call the cops when confronted in person about paying us our money.

Stay away from this school! Your children's education is too valuable! Not to mention your hard earned money!

Ken
anthem, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2005 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Desert-Academy-Private-School/Anthem-Arizona-85086/Desert-Academy-Private-School-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-and-business-practices-A-166337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Desert Academy Private School

HORRIBLE school

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

I pulled my child out of this HORRIBLE school because the teacher and the director were incompetent. They did not want to listen to the parents' suggestions or concerns about their children's education. Whe approached about our concerns, the owner/director was extremely argumentative and abrasive. The school's owner/director, Aimee Cvancara, is not even an acredited teacher and has no previous experience in the child education field.

Nonetheless, I gave the required 30 day notice an enrolled my child in private school in Phoenix. Had I known the owner was also a liar and a thief, I would have never paid my daughter's tuition for the last month. The owner did not refund us the remaining portion of the tuition nor the $425 of prepaid tuition deposit.

This, I've now found out, is not an isolated incident. One poor family had SEVERAL kids enrolled in the school and pulled their children out for the same reasons. They were stiffed for almost four times as much money. We also later found out that one of the teachers left because she did not approve of the the owner's business and ethical practices.

The owner does not return phone calls and consistently lies when confronted in person about paying us our money.