Complaint Review: Desert Auto Trader

• Updated: Wed, August 11, 2010

• Reported By: buyerbeware — las vegas Nevada United States of America
Desert Auto Trader
5320 Cameron st las vegas, Nevada United States of America

Desert Auto Trader sold me a car, with a non-working key(may or may not start the car) on my way to get a new key, sunroof blew off on the freeway, it was not bolted it was apparently just laying on the car, unsecure. las vegas, Nevada

I purchased a used car, on day one on the way home, I had problems starting the car, I stopped twice. The wheel lock would not disengage. first time it took probably about 5 tries, second time it took me a half hour...now almost to my house, I went home. I was in the garage for another 30 minutes trying to start the car. I called the "dealer Mike" who would only say "there is nothing wrong" over and over again and proceeded to tell me how to start a car. It was too late for me to try and start the car and get back down there, they would have been closed by then. So with a clear head the next day. after getting the vehicle started. I concluded it was the key. I drove straight to the Mercury dealer to order a coded key. They said it would take about 3 days an be about$150. In the mean time the showed me a trick on how to start my car in only one shot, like it should be. this was a temporary fix. day three I went back to Mike and told him the situation..he absolutely refused to help me buy a key..stating the eventually the key worked..so I have a key...no customer service what so ever. He offered to give me a number of a "guy" not a company that makes coded keys, but he still was not paying for it or helping me pay for it..On the way to get my new key from Mercury..on the freeway, the sunroof blew off..it apparently was not secure, no screws, bolts..ect.. I guess I should have known that? Well according to DMV, BBB and any other complaint departments..I have no recourse and they will not even take my complaint.. I think this dealer is a scammer and I will never refer them to anyone. ever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2010 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Desert-Auto-Trader/las-vegas-Nevada-89118/Desert-Auto-Trader-sold-me-a-car-with-a-non-working-keymay-or-may-not-start-the-car-on-630723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Desert Auto Trader