Complaint Review: Desert Sands Auto Sales

• Updated: Sun, October 16, 2011

• Reported By: Julie — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Desert Sands Auto Sales
1037 S. Country Club Drive Mesa, Arizona United States of America

Desert Sands Auto Sales I had a Pre-Approved car loan, no response back on my e-mails and they sold the car I wanted to someone else. Mesa, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Ken is correct.

*Consumer Comment: I would say they could have handled this a lot better, but

I submitted an online application for pre-approval on a silver 2005 Chrysler 300 on Saturday, Sept 17, 2011. That next Monday, Sept 19, 2011. I sent a e-mail to desertsandsauto@yahoo.com in regards to the status. In conversations going back and forth on Tuesday, Sept 20, 2011 I received a e-mail from Desert Sands stating the bank wants $2,900.00
down and my payment would be $536.00 per mth for 30months thats the best and only approval. I was working with a Paul and Louis(I was told Louiswas the mgr)

On Wednesday, Sept 21,2011 I responded to desert sands with the questions in order to move forward with the vehicle purchase. I did not get a response back for awhile. In addition, I mentioned that based on the answers I would like to bring down $2,500 on Wed,Sept 21,2011 as a deposit against the balance on the vehicle and I would be in on Friday to pay the remaining $400.00 At this time when speaking with Louie he said that Paul & Louis were terminated as he mentioned to me that the he would need to review my pre-approval application and did inform me that the loan term shoudl have been 39 mths not the 30 months,I also asked about the list of questions I had, I did re-email them to Louie and he did reply with some of the answers. I did let him know the next day that I was fine with that but also e-mailed several questions to move forward with the vehicle puchase. I did not get a response.

Friday, Sept 23, 2011 I sent a e-mail to desert sands and sent questions such as if I needed to bring a cashiers check or cash and receipt would be provided and when would be a good time for me to come in. No response. I than went to the desert sands website and the website shows the 2005 Silver Chrysler as SOLD. I called the dealership twice around 6:47p.m on09/23/2011 on my partners cell phone with no answer. I called on my cell phone and a gentleman answered by the name of John and I mentioned to John regarding my conversations on the 2005 Chrysler. John mentioned it wasSOLD as of wed. I asked fortheowers info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2011 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Desert-Sands-Auto-Sales/Mesa-Arizona-85210/Desert-Sands-Auto-Sales-I-had-a-Pre-Approved-car-loan-no-response-back-on-my-e-mails-an-789041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Desert Sands Auto Sales

Ken is correct.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Playing the email game for a week did not make you look like a serious buyer.   You really had no claim on the car as they had not seen a penny from you.  Anyone who walks into a dealer with cash in hand is going to tale priority over someone who emails repeatedly with questions.  That's just the way it works.

I would say they could have handled this a lot better, but

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

if no  papers were signed, the dealer can sell the car at anytime to anyone.

Sorry the deal didn't work out...it was somewhat tacky, but probably not a Ripoff.