Complaint Review: Desert Schools Federal Credit Union

• Submitted: Fri, July 25, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 25, 2008

• Reported By:fife Washington
Desert Schools Federal Credit Union
Unsure Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Desert Schools Federal Credit Union Desert schools needs a seminar in ethics training Phoenix Arizona

I was with Desert Schools federal credit union for almost 4 years. A very dear friend of mine who is now 80 years old has also has banked with Desert schools for many years. My friend won a online lottery three months ago, and recieved a check for 100,000 which she promptly put into her bank account and waited the two week period for the check to clear and for the funds to be available. My friend paid off her bills and sent money to her family and so on. _THREE MONTHS LATER, the bank notifies her that the check was fraudelent and within twenty four hours had completely wiped her out. Within a few hours after that, they went after my bank account, because i had had my friend on my account a few years back and completely stold every dime i had in my checking and savings. I found out the worst way possible. Trying to purchase lunch at work. I called the bank when i went to an atm and my receipt stated i was 91,320.00 negative in my account. Mind you that the original check had been cashed in a seperate account than mine, but the bank had put this on my account. Needless to say, each time you call the bank you receive a different answer to your questions or in two cases, they hung up on me. I live out of the state of Washington now, so i was unable to go to a direct branch. We are now in the process of closing our account, and we were unable to get the funds back that were stolen from our account. We had to get a lawyer involved now because the bank refuses to take off this 91,000.00 dollar debt that we had no dealing with in the first place.

This bank is a joke and there really needs to be an investigation.
This bank needs to be shut down for unfair practices and crooked terms of agreement that they have that they say is there, but the customers are not able to find these in the terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are set by the bank but i am guessing it must be random as a good excuse to rip customers off.

Rayven
fife, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2008 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Desert-Schools-Federal-Credit-Union/Phoenix-Arizona-85033/Desert-Schools-Federal-Credit-Union-Desert-schools-needs-a-seminar-in-ethics-training-Phoe-355762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Desert Schools Federal Credit Union