Complaint Review: Design Concepts

• Submitted: Sat, February 27, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, February 27, 2010

• Reported By: The advocate — Hermosa Beach California U.S.A.
Design Concepts
4236 Artesia Boulevard Torrance, California United States of America
  • Phone: (310) 542-7829?
  • Web:
  • Category:

Design Concepts Charged my card for out of stock items that never arrived & won't refund my money. Torrance, California

I purchased an item from Design Concepts. They had a demo model in the store but all their stock was allegedly "sold out". I was assured by a rather rude older large brunette woman that it would be in stock within a couple weeks and I would be called when ready to pick it up. I was also told I wouldn't be charged until I picked up the item, and they only took my card to guarantee payment & run an approval for the amount.

1 month went by and no call, so I called them and was told nothing was in stock and I should wait a few more weeks. A 2cd month went by and no call, so I again called them & was told to wait a few more weeks. A 3rd month went by, and no call, so when I called them I was told the model I wanted wasn't in stock, but I could pick another from their stock. Only alternative items they had available were on the demo floor, and obviously used/damaged. I asked how long it would be for me to get a new model of what I ordered. The sales woman spoke with the manager & assured me it would be no more than another month. Several months went by and I was never contacted by the store. I called them again & had to leave messages for the sales woman to call me as she was never available anymore, and nobody else knew anything about my sale item. I never heard back from anyone.

Now I have asked for a refund and they refuse to give me a refund, or to give me what I ordered. When I went back to the store they tried to say they gave me the item already & would call the cops if I returned. Nice scam they have, selling items & never delivering and then pretending the customers are the bad guys...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2010 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Design-Concepts/Torrance-California-90504/Design-Concepts-Charged-my-card-for-out-of-stock-items-that-never-arrived-wont-refund-575277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Design Concepts