Complaint Review: Design Savers Plan

• Submitted: Fri, January 12, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 12, 2007

• Reported By:Morristown Tennessee
Design Savers Plan
2851 S. Parker Rd Ste. 1300 Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Design Savers Plan LIED TO GET MONEY, THEN PUT STOP PAYMENT ON REFUND CHECK Aurora Colorado

I purchased a policy for what I was told was an insurance over the telephone. I spoke with this company several times becuase I was unsure. It sounded too good to be true, I was right. I was told that after I paid an enrollment fee and the first month premium and was not satisfied, I could get a full refund. I paid $369.50. I found out in a couple days that everything I was told over the telephone was all untrue, I called to cancel my membership. They charged my bank account again 2 days later for the next months premium that wasn't even due yet. Well, this caused a severe problem at the bank resulting in several overdraft fees. I contacted them and was bounced around until I became very upset. I finally got through to someone who seemed to help. They sent me a refund check in the amount of $639.00 to cover all of the charges and bank fees, but little did I know, they placed a stop payment on the refund check and brought my account into the negative AGAIN !!( I have the check) After I discovered this, I called and spoke to a lady named Mariauna and she said that they have been having problems with the company in CO, but that they would refund us all of the money if we sent them the proof from our bank that they caused more problems and fees, so I did. They have sent another check in the amount of $404.00, which is hardly enough to cover the amount that their neglegence has caused with my account, which is around $1000.00 right now. I am waiting to see if this check clears their bank. This account has ties to my business and we have suffered greatly due to the lies and deception of this company. We couldn't use the "insurance" and they aren't even licensed to sell. I have had to fork out great amounts of money for medical expenses that I was told would be covered. I want this company to be held liable for what they are doing to people and we need to stop them.

James
Morristown, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2007 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Design-Savers-Plan/Aurora-Colorado-80014/Design-Savers-Plan-LIED-TO-GET-MONEY-THEN-PUT-STOP-PAYMENT-ON-REFUND-CHECK-Aurora-Colorad-230224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Design Savers Plan