Complaint Review: Designer Checks Unlimited

• Submitted: Wed, November 10, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, November 10, 2004

• Reported By:Anthem Arizona
Designer Checks Unlimited
P.O. Box 19000 Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

Designer Checks Unlimited ripoff Lack of Security on Personal Info - Dishonest Practices Colorado Springs Colorado

I ran out of checks and ordered a box from designerchecks.com. My order process went smoothly and I had no reason to think something was wrong.

Unfortunately, a few weeks later I received a box from a person whose name I didn't recognize in Oklahoma. It was very suspect but I opened it anyways. Inside I found my checks that I had ordered and a note. The note told me that my checks and those of one other person had been included with the order for this woman in Oklahoma. She was very nice and sent them to me.

When I saw this I freaked out because of the identity theft epidemic. I was worried that my personal information and account number had been half-way across the country.

I immediately called the customer services at Designer Checks. The customer services representative was not exactly helpful. She told me that all she could do is apologize and typically when this happens the person calls them so they can get the checks and send them to me directly. TYPICALLY WHEN THIS HAPPENS??? It scares the heck out of me that this happens enough that they have a typical response. Plus, how confident can you feel in a company if their "typical" practice is to cover up their mistake so that you have no idea your account information was half-way across the country.

Stay away from this company if you want your personal information protected. You won't know if your info goes across the country!

Kristen
Anthem, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2004 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Designer-Checks-Unlimited/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80935/Designer-Checks-Unlimited-ripoff-Lack-of-Security-on-Personal-Info-Dishonest-Practices-C-117047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Designer Checks Unlimited