Complaint Review: Destination Areas

• Submitted: Wed, April 18, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, April 18, 2012

• Reported By: ScrewedOverWebDesigner — Winlock Washington United States of America
Destination Areas

Destination Areas destinationareas.com, destination rv parks destination areas, rv parks, historical towns Internet

*Author of original report: Really?!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fraud

I was hired by this company to redesign their website. I have a strict half down and half upon completion policy. The owners of Destination Areas complained to me how they were ripped off by their previous web designer so I made an exception. They made a small down payment to cover hosting. Once I built the site they agreed on, they wanted a site almost 10 times the size of what I had designed for them. I told them it would cost more and they agreed to new terms. So I built the site they wanted.

Once the site was done, they were wanting changes and updates daily which was not what we had agreed on so I gave them a schedule of fees for the amount of work they wanted. They didn't have to agree to it. Basically they would say I need this done to the site and I would give them a written quote before we did the work. I went to check on their site and noticed they had a new host and hired a new web developer without so much as even telling me.

Now they won't return my calls or emails and they owe me over $700 for the work that I had done. They also had a company in phoenix that was providing videos for their site. They complained that they weren't getting them fast enough and hired a new company to do the videos.

They seem to target small businesses that are privately owned so that they can work out some sort of verbal agreement. We do the work and then when it's time to pay, they switch to a new company.

On top of all that, they are trying to charge businesses between $99 and $399 per year to advertise on their site. No one even sees it. It virtually gets no traffic and the owners have no knowledge of how it can even benefit anyone to advertise with them. If they approach you ask them a few basic questions about advertising and they won't be able to answer them. If you are approaced by DestinationAreas.com stay clear!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2012 03:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Areas/internet/Destination-Areas-destinationareascom-destination-rv-parks-destination-areas-rv-parks-870239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Areas

Really?!

AUTHOR: ScrewedOverWebDesigner - ()

I'm the true fraud?  Really...what a joke.  I built it exactly as you asked...but you kept wanting more without having to pay for it.  Seems your M.O. is you hire someone to get something done for you and then when the work is done you move on to your next victim...see you're already with a new web designer....shocker.  I pray that I run in to you someday.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fraud

AUTHOR: C L - ()

You sir are the true fraud.  You wanted to build the website the way you wanted it, not what we asked for.  Your claim is a total lie.