Complaint Review: Destination Movers

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2008

• Reported By:Plantation Florida
Destination Movers
20442 NE 15th Court North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Destination Movers Bait and switch, theft and Destruction of property and downright meanesws North Miami Beach Florida

*UPDATE Employee: local move

I initally contracted with this company for a simple cross town move, for which I agreed to pay $375.At the last moment,the deal fell through on my new condo on the same day my house was sold. As a result,I was forced to place my things in storage and move to a hotel. I was told there would be no charge for storage up to 30 days. My bill was now $618.00.

The next week I called to arrrange delivery to the condo I had bought. On the morning of delivery, I called the office and was told the new charge was $375. recieved a call from Ruben at the office tell telling me the cost was now $550 I finally had to agree to his terms, because he was threatening to have the driver return my things to his warehose and that I could come pick it up myself.

I was then forced to give the cash and sign papers before they would unload my property. The driver informed me that the price did not include tips. I told them I had no more money to give them. These people then proceeded to "dump" my things into one room. When they brought in my garden sculptue smashed up, they said once everything was unloaded, they would go over any damages with me. Before I knew it, these guys snuck out, witout saying a word, leaving my back door and screen doors wide open, allowing my small dog to run in the parking lot. To date, this company has been unwilling to make good on all the damages and theft of my property.

Maureen
Plantation, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Movers/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33179/Destination-Movers-Bait-and-switch-theft-and-Destruction-of-property-and-downright-meanes-356398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Movers

This is for attorney from Georgia who called me re: Destination Movers.
Sorry we were disconnected. You can contact me at my e-mail. (((ROR REDACTED))). Anxious to help nail these folks. Thanks

local move

AUTHOR: Destination Movers Manager - (U.S.A.)

customer was aware of all charges, the price was by the hour to move in the storage and to move out of the storage, all charges are according to the terms.
regarding the damages we gave the customer the claims telphone we will pay what ever the claim will tell us, we never said we will not pay, and we are sorry about the drivers asking for a tip.