effectively

• Submitted: Wed, August 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:Silver Spring Maryland
Destination Movers
www.destinationmovers.com North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Destination Movers Cheaters, Liars, "Bait and Switch", unfair price, "Hostage items" North Miami Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: They're a Scam Moving Company

I got a quote from destination movers, Representative Maya. She gave me a quote based on weight, I made an appointment for them to arrive on Monday August the 18th. They did not show up, I had to call to find out what was going on. They then said they would be here Tuesday at noon. I called by 3, and they said that the movers were an hour away, again I called at 5, they got annoyed and angry because I inquired about the movers. They gave me the mover's number, so I called him, he eventually got here at 6:30pm.

When I showed him what had to be moved, he said that I said I had 10 boxes, but that my 4 boxes were too big and that I would be charged for more. I let him know that my quote was based on weight, and he said he would call the company. He wouldn't tell me my "new" price, when he was finally done at 11pm he gave me a price that was $620 over my qoute.

Now the company, the rude manager was attempting us to pay by credit card over the phone, BEFORE my things got delivered. When I told him that I couldn't trust that my things would be delivered on time and in perfect condition, he is now forcing me to either pay cash, or my things wouldn't be delivered today.

When I called the company, the rude Manager talked to me like I was a stupid illiterate a**hole and told me that I have annoyed them, simply because I'm concerned about my things and the service that I'm paying for. He said that the customer is never right and that they choose the method of payment, not myself, even though a credit card is a method of payment. These people are not professional, they are rude, liars and cheaters. These people have caused me great distress and disappointment. I dont even know what else to say but that I would never recomend these movers to anyone. I just want this problem solved.

Anonymous
Silver Spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2008 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Movers/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33179/Destination-Movers-Cheaters-Liars-Bait-and-Switch-unfair-price-Hostage-items-North-365092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Movers

They're a Scam Moving Company

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

...but then you should have known that if you did any research prior to the move made. These guys have only been in business since January 2007, finally got the authority to do interstate moves in March 2007, and had their license suspended twice in 2007. In the last several months, they've been doing hostage loads all over the place - all of which is illegal.

If you still haven't received your items, I would try contacting www dot moverescue dot com. They can best advise you how to proceed, help you to file complaints with the relevant agency, and finally to get your stuff back.

BTW - the moving company (or any company) has thr right to dictate how its customers will pay. You as the customer do not have that right. Obviously, the preferred method is by credit card, but a mover doesn't have to take it as a form of payment from anyone.

Best of luck.