• Report: #351981

• Submitted: Wed, July 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 16, 2008

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
Destination Movers
20442 Ne 15th Ct North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Destination Movers Destination Movers--Unprofessional Moving Company, very Professional Scam Artists.. North Miami Beach Florida

If only I had seen the Ripoff Report before choosing Destination Movers to move my things from Virginia to Tampa! April 13th 2008 was my scheduled pick-up date. Everything was packed up and all they needed to do was put the items on the truck, get the things to my destination, and unload. They were charging me $1813.00 according to the binding estimate. Upon scheduled delivery of my items, they attempted to charge me $3100.00. I asked them to provide me with a receipt showing why there was so much of an overage. They refused to provide one for me.

After a couple of months of waiting and complaining to their arbitration agency the American Moving and Storage Association and the BBB, they came down on the price. However, they have been holding the household goods hostage at their storage facility. Meanwhile they keep scheduling delivery dates and not delivering my household goods. I've spent several weekends waiting for these guys to show up with my furniture. Then they lied to the BBB and said that i haven't been available to accept delivery after I've gone out and gotten the money order to pay them and have a dated receipt. They have either stolen my household goods or they are storing the goods in hopes of charging me extra storage fees later. Either way, they are committing fraud.

I've complained to the BBB, the American Moving and Storage Association, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the local police, and I even put in a complaint on the FBI tip line. My next steps are to write my congressman to request that the moving industry have stronger regulations, try contacting the media, and Homeland Security because I count these folks as domestic terrorists.

Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2008 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Movers/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33179/Destination-Movers-Destination-Movers-Unprofessional-Moving-Company-very-Professional-Sc-351981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Movers