Complaint Review: Destination Movers

• Submitted: Sat, June 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 14, 2008

• Reported By:Greenville South Carolina
Destination Movers
20442 NE 15th Ct. North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Destination Movers Included Services: Lies, Broken Goods, Undelivered Goods, Goods on Different Trucks, Goods Delivered to Other People, Delivery Date; What's That? North Miami Beach Florida

If you like being; lied to, stolen from, cheated, harassed, and deceived, manipulated and experiencing a nightmare move that includes ongoing horror then hire DESTINATION MOVERS!!!

Having made several moves over the past 20 years, some with professional moving companies and some self-moves, some were long distance and some were local I felt confident in hiring a moving company. When I contacted Destination Movers on line their representative, David Fox promptly made contact with me. He was most congenial. Based on the binding estimate that David had quoted me which was based on the information I had provided him I contracted Destination Movers for the family move. Companies do not give on site estimates today.

The day of the move arrived and so did the beginning of my "Nightmare." Never have I experienced a move of such unprofessional magnitude. I was provided with one lie after another and continue to receive lies from Destination Movers. The size truck we requested never appeared. Our family possessions were packed on two different trucks, placed into other trucks and storage bins instead of being transported to their final destination immediately as contracted. Very questionable, unprofessional employees of Destination Movers delivered our goods "thrown" into different trucks than what they were originally loaded into.

They arrived two days late after my numerous phone calls insisting that they deliver my goods and was lied to about the whereabouts of the trucks and my goods. Many items were never inventoried nor did many items ever reach my new location. I received other customer's goods in with mine. When the driver opened the side of the truck my lawn mower and chairs were on top of my new unprotected refrigerator which came tumbling out, the piano was dropped as well as one of my couches... the HORROR goes on and on. Valuable statues and columns either never arrived or arrived crushed. My original binding estimate was $3185.20. My final bill for harassment, lies, stolen goods, broken goods, grief, and etc. was $5538.80 plus lunch, drinks, and snacks.
When I requested a claim form (after numerous phone calls) I was directed to an out sourced company Claims Adjusting Firm. The nightmare continues.

After 5 months I received a phone call from Claims Adjusting Firm informing me that the account of Destination Movers is on suspension mode and would I please contact Destination Movers to activate their account so that my claim can be activated. Guess what? That's right, they are not answering their phones at least, I haven't been able to reach them.
DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY>>>THEY ARE NOT REPUTABLE

Tonda
Greenville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2008 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Movers/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33179/Destination-Movers-Included-Services-Lies-Broken-Goods-Undelivered-Goods-Goods-on-Diff-340223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Movers