Complaint Review: Destination Movers

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2008

• Reported By:LAKE WORTH Florida
Destination Movers
20442 NE 15th Court North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Destination Movers Liars, Cheaters, Thieves, A Nightmare of A Moving Company!!! North Miami Beach Florida

Do Not Use this Company for your Move! Ours was a recent local move apx. 30 miles away which should have been a breeze. On Friday, Max called and left a message on my voicemail confirming the move on Sunday even thought I had spoken to the office the previous weekend and confirmed. I called back on Saturday and the office was closed. I left a voice mail confirming my move for 9 to 10 AM the next morning. Needless to say, the movers didn't show up until 1:30 PM!

They already had someone else's belongings packed in part of the truck! They asked if I had all of our belongings brought downstairs to the first floor! Ben then tried to tell me that my furniture was very fragile and needed to be bubble wrapped and cartoned all at additional fees! I have all formica and leather furniture!!! I refused and they told me that they would not be responsible if the items broke. I told them that my contract included free pads and blankets!!! They told me I could wrap the items myself!!!

I called the office and spoke with Yvonne who told me the movers could wrap my furniture in the pads and blankets and I could only be charged extra for their tape! I put the driver on the phone with her and after some time, he agreed! As they were packing my stuff, they told me they were not going to have enough room for everything! I only had a 2 bedroom townhouse! So unfortunately, not everything made the trip! I am now forced to rent my own truck this weekend and drive back down and move the rest of my items myself!!!

After all of this, after my stuff was all packed up on the truck, they told me I had to pay Cash!!! My contract with my signature clearly stated I could pay the balance by Credit or Debit Card! I called the office again and spoke to Max and Yumeen. They said their terminal was down and would not be available for at least a week. They then said that their emergency terminal could only charge $350 and the rest would have to be cash. He said since they were moving me that he could choose the form of payment!!! This was Sunday and the banks were closed.

After my $375 estimate from Erika with an assurance that a 2 bedroom townhouse could not be much more than that, they just about doubled my price to $635! They made me go an ATM and withdram $500 cash and pay the balance on my debit card!!! This may not sound like alot of money but I'm on a tight budget and my family and finances have really suffered because of this! It was like being held up at gunpoint!

They are lying, stealing, cheating, thieves who should not be allowed to do this to anyone else! I would have rented a truck and moved myself had I of known that would be the outcome and that a signed contract, which they later insisted was just an estimate, meant absolutely nothing! My daughter, my husband, and myself are still living the nightmare as after all of that, we don't even have all of our stuff yet!!! Destination Movers is a Great Big Ripoff!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2008 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Movers/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33179/Destination-Movers-Liars-Cheaters-Thieves-A-Nightmare-of-A-Moving-Company-North-Miam-339794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Movers