Complaint Review: Destination Movers

• Submitted: Mon, October 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 28, 2008

• Reported By:tucson Arizona
Destination Movers
20442 Ne 15th Ct. North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Destination Movers/max/anna/erika Please for the love of god do not use this company!! liers/cheaters/crooks/down right nasty people. North Miami Beach Florida

*Author of original report: omg are they seriouse

*Author of original report: hooorrraaayyyyy Destination movers you owe me $1500 and i want it now!

*Author of original report: Oh Geeeeeeeeese!

*Author of original report: Our deal with the devil. Destination movers

My boyfriend and I hired Destination movers on may 28th 2008. We were in a hurry to find a mover because we had to move to Arizona quickly. They originally estimated us $1000.03 for the move itself the deal was we would pay half on pick up half on delivery. So they said they would be at our apartment in Maryland on the 29th. they were suppose to arrive at 3pm because we had to catch a bus at 8:30pm up to Michigan where my boyfriends parents live then we were suppose to catch a train to AZ a few days later. we had asked them continuously where they were they kept telling us there stuck in traffic in Virgina and they would be there soon.

8pm came very quickly and we had to leave so we called them and asked where they were and if we could leave a key for them to get in they said yes and we left, so we never did see them pick up our belongings. over night we get a message on our cell phone saying they could not get into the apartment when we clearly told them exactly where the key to the security door would be and we left the apartment open for them.

so then the next morning after panicking all night thinking they didn't have our stuff they call and ask us when we would like it delivered. We told them we would call when we were ready.

Another thing we used with them was there storage they said first month was free and $100 a month after the first month. (No mention of late fee's or monthly payment plans) we had it in storage for a little less then 3 months when we called to have it delivered which was in September we called them and said OK were ready how much do we have to have on delivery. they told us $1500 our eyes bugged out and said WHAT!!! how could they get $1500? Well my friends that's where the hidden late fee's came into play.

We asked them why we had late fees when we didn't have a payment plan set up that's when they told us we were suppose to pay month to month, for storage. so after arguing with them for hours about how we are only suppose to pay $1300 not $1500 the owner Max finally said okay ill drop it down to $1400. What a big freakish lair he was. so we said whatever just begin to send our stuff they said no you have to send us half first just to be put on the delivery list. so we finally sent them $750 to begin the process. We received a confirmation e-mail from max basically saying thanks for sending $750 and that they are beginning to send the stuff out soon.

so every week like clock work i've been calling them asking them when is our stuff being sent when can i expect to have my stuff arrive and there answer to me is always the freak en same, it will be there in a couple days. one time they told me it was to be delivered on a Tuesday or Wednesday and it never showed up i called them they said they had truck problems and it was being fixed and sent out and either Sunday or Monday we should expect it. it didn't show up so today i called and asked them where the heck it was they claim the trucks in Georgia and wont be here for a couple of days.

I just got so mad and i screamed at the guy and swore at him I'm just getting frustrated and I'm at the point where i want to give up but i know i cant. No matter how many times i contact the BBB or the General attorney its never going to change i just hope that you will learn from this and other peoples experiences with this company.

Andrea
tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2008 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Movers/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33179/Destination-Moversmaxannaerika-Please-for-the-love-of-god-do-not-use-this-company-lie-382888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Movers

omg are they seriouse

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

Check this out they have a blog by someone named erika ruben and its saying how great this place is and blah blah blah. They also have a myspace page?? these people are pieces of work i tell ya.

hooorrraaayyyyy Destination movers you owe me $1500 and i want it now!

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

So I got a phone call today from a couple who have claimed to receive two items that did not belong to them (a type of saw thingy) and a box of shoes, the shoes are mine. Not exactly what i had hoped it had been (My computer/tv) but it was something very useful. I am very thankful that this couple have my stuff and is willing to send it back to me. I have also agreed to help them out with suing Destination movers. I have written on all my boxes my address somewhere on the box so please, if you have received anything in my list above and you know it isn't yours(the computer / tv) please, please, please send it back to me ill gladly pay the shipping and handling just to have it back. my e-mail address is wslayher26@yahoo.com send me an e-mail and let me know what you have and we can arrange on shipping it to me at that time. my telephone and address is above and should also be on the box.

Thanks,

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

We had received an e-mail from max the manager on Wednesday of this week October 22, 2008 stating that we were trying to be contacted by the driver who was carrying my belongings. We attempted to call the driver who had been extremely rude and made this comment" tell Ana (from destination movers) to have your stuff personally flown to you because it isn't my problem anymore." I was then crushed thinking i was never going to see my stuff again. We called destination movers over 20 times and each time they either never picked up or if they picked up they would put us on hold for over 20 minutes at a time forcing us to get mad and hang up. We did finally get a hold of max who claimed he was going to get into contact with the driver and give us a call back. We never got a call from him since. I finally had to have my mother call them and ask them if they would be willing to send out our stuff tomorrow. They had in turn tried to scam us out of another $200 but once they realized they couldn't and wasn't going to get $200 they dropped it but, they did end up delivering the next day. on Thursday at 1:45 pm October 23rd 2008 we finally received our belongings well most of them anyway. We had also found that almost all of our boxes were trashed and lucky for them nothing was broken. there was one box full of my good silverware that was opened and it looks like some of the utensils are missing. We had also received a vacuum that had one of our stickers put onto it but it wasn't our item. I have a list of items that i did not receive with delivery such as
a single 4 drawer dresser
comcast cable box (We had agreed with comcast that we were to send it back once we had gotten to Arizona)
We are still trying to figure out if there is anything else missing/ damaged.
One thing that we noticed so far was minor damage to my tv stand and all that needs to be done is tightening and some scratches need to be repaired.

I know for a fact i am not the only person nor will i ever be the only person this happens to and if you take a look at www.ripoffreport.com you will see that there is 29 bad reports about this company not a single good one and they all basically say the same thing. There trying to rip people off either with there goods or with money. We have contacted Destination movers and told them all the goods we are missing and we asked them to check and make sure it was just forgotten somewhere. I did manage to write on each box what was in it and our address of where it needs to be delivered so to avoid a thing like this happening. When the driver was here to deliver he actually seemed shocked by my experience and he confirmed with me that the items that are missing were never loaded onto his truck. He had also informed me that when they tried to get into contact us the day before he said he was forced by Destination movers to put our belongings back into a storage unit. We were then aware that the document we had signed (the estimate) was not a real contract and that I guess by law we have to be present at the time of pick up to sign contract or what they did was considered stealing/theft. We had also been aware that the complaint we sent to the BBB had been closed due to no comment back from Destination movers. Another thing we are aware of they had opened this company in 2007 after being shut down under another name in 2003. These people need to be stopped and closed down for good.

statement from Andrea the girlfriend to William.
We currently still do not have our belongings we were told it would be here this Friday or in 3 days from Tuesday the 21'st. We had received an e-mail from Max the manager at destination movers saying the driver was trying to reach us. We believe this is a crock of crap because I am a stay at home person due to an injury that was caused by a job that i had so i cannot work. I am here 24 hours a day 7 days a week and i know who does and doesn't call. So it took forever today to get anyone on the phone from destination movers and finally got someone told us to call the driver. When we called he said and i quote " He left Arizona (where we are) 3 hours before we had called him and that he wants Ana to have Destination movers fly our stuff out here and that it wasn't his problem anymore because he put it into storage because Destination movers told him to do so." This is getting way out of hand and we are just sick to our stomachs about this company. I burst into tears knowing that we were just that close to having our belongings home hurt me so much. They honestly do not know who they are dealing with and if they think they can get away with this they have another thing coming. I'm giving them till Friday to figure out what to do. because after that the gloves come off people they wont know what day it is let alone who they are when i get done with them. okay maybe not but still come on destination movers enough's enough!

statement from Andrea the girlfriend to William.

Our deal with the devil. Destination movers

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

I'm writing to you today about a moving company called Destination Movers.
They are based out Miami Beach Florida, and our job number is 134116.
They're currently violating a bound contract with us stating in there fine print that they have by law 21 days to move items from the east coast to the west coast from the time the consumer calls and basically says "okay go a head and ship it". I had called them on September 29th 2008 to have them begin the moving process, It is now October 20th 2008. We have been very complient to the movers demands and have sent them half of what we owe them to begin the very process.
On May 29th 2008 the day we had them pick up our belongings they were very late and did not come on any time they quoted us.Their excuse was there was heavy traffic.We had explained to them we were on a timed bases because we had to be out of the apartment that night.We unfortunitly were not present at the time of pick up, we had no choice but to leave our belongings behind in hopes they would keep their promise to pick up our stuff.
We had gotten a phone call later that evening stating that they were unable to get into the apartment building, when we had already called and told them excatly where we had hidden a key for them, to get in. We had called them to confirm if this was infact true and they told us it was not and that they had gotten the belongings out and are waiting for us to tell them when to deliever. We had told them we would call as soon as we had all the money we needed to complete the transaction .
We asked them how we were suppose to pay them since they did not show up, they in turn told us to pay in full on delievery and thats what we were going on. We had asked about storage the night before they picked up our stuff and they told us it was $100 a month first month was free. There was no mention of late fee's or having to pay month to month. That being said when we called to have our stuff taken out of storage and begin the delievery process we were told our amount due to them was $1500. We argued to them that it could not be $1500 and that we only owe them $1300,(4 months in storage at $100 a month and the first month was free so $1300) This is when the manager got on the phone and claimed that we owed them for late fee's because we didnt pay them month to month. Again I stress that we had no idea about any of the late fee's/ month to month payment. Had we known about them it would have probably saved us a lot of headaches.
We finally got tierd of arguing with that we just said enough and verbally said we will pay $1500 to them. We in turn sent them the 50% of what we owed to them so we could just end the nightmare. We had called them a few days after sending the money order/ cashiers check to varify they had recieved it and everything was set to go. My girlfriend had been dealing with one of there representives ana who had kept saying "its on its way, it should be there with in a few days, and it was to arrive on a tuesday or wednesday." Lets just say this is one of the many lies we were told.
Our items never showed up on the tuesday or wednesday she claimed it would, so again my girlfriend calls them the fallowing monday(to give the truck extra time to get here) and asks them why it never showed up. They again gave us another story claiming to have truck problems and that the problem had been fixed was was being sent out, and that it would take another week before it got here. Needless to say it still has not showen up. Also the one time I called and talked to the manager himself(max) he said we were not even on the delievery list. So we dont really know what to believe.
According to www.ripoffreport.com we are not the only ones who have been scammed by this company. I couldn't even begin to tell you how rude there customer service people are. They have lied to us about things numerous times to my girlfriend and I and we have been put on hold for more then 20+ min's just to find out that nothings changed. Not to mention they have hung up on us many times and when we call back they disconnect the phones. There needs to be something done about this company or they will continue to rip off/ abuse people. I encourage you to take a look at some of the claims posted on ripoff.com it will blow your mind.
Nothing was ever signed such as any paper work or anything except the only electronic signed document with our FIRST estimate for $1000.03. to let that be known now just in case (and yes i have heard of them doing this) trying to submit document to you or anyone else saying we agreed to anything. It was all done verbally on the phone there were no e-mails sent except our initial estimate of $1000.03. and one confirmation e-mail stating we paid them $750. If you had a similiar experience or have some advice for us please let us know.
William layher.