Complaint Review: Destination Movers

• Submitted: Sat, May 03, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 03, 2008

• Reported By:Fort Mill South Carolina
Destination Movers
20442 Ne 16th Ct North Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Destination Movers scamed,destructed, lied, unethical,unprofesstional, evil North Miami Florida

First, they arrived three days late to pick up our belongings. Then they had my sister sign papers, highering the price by $3000 without my authorization. We electronically signed our contract via the internet and were not told of anymore papers.

After packing the truck, or should I say throwing my belongings around, they went from state to state with me not knowing where they were. Customer service kept me on hold for 30 minutes at a time and supervisors weren't returning my calls. The day that they arrived late, they told me my bill was $3700. My "guaranteed" estimate was $960. The driver justified it by saying they go by cubic feet rather than the agreed upon estimate which said we were going by weight. They never weighed the truck. They threw everything in with another job and decided to charge based on cubic feet. His copy of contract was different than mine and had some stuff hand written in.

We were disputing for four hours until he verbally agreed that he was wrong but that it was his supervisor's call. My cousin spoke to the supervisor who refused to get on the phone with her for the two hour preceeding. Ruben, the unprofessional and unethical supervisor, came down to $2060 on his price with the help of someone we knew who knew him.

Then, the driver, refused to open the door and deliver our belongings unless we signed that we were satisfied with their condition--an event that should take place after our belongings are in place. Out of love for my many sentimental items, I signed. I have witnesses that were present when he told me I had to sign or he was driving off. Those same witnesses took pictures of the poorly loaded truck that had my cherished items piled on top of each other. We also have photos of destroyed furniture. Among them, an organ given to me by my late Grandfather. There is much more to tell.

Fort Mill, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2008 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Movers/North-Miami-Florida-33179/Destination-Movers-scameddestructed-lied-unethicalunprofesstional-evil-North-Miami-Fl-330281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Movers