Complaint Review: Destination Services

• Updated: Mon, January 16, 2012

• Reported By: Victim2011 — Escondido California United States of America
Destination Services
828 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Destination Services Time Share International Time Share Rental Scam Las Vegas, Nevada

On 11/5/11 I received an unsolicited phone call from Ms. Shandy Lane with Destination Services at (707) 430-0429, stating she has a renter for my timeshare. She gave me her id # of 11030412 and business address of 828 South Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, NV  89107. She stated that Minehard Engineering was willing to rent my timeshare for $14,300 for two 3-bedroom units for two weeks for a convention in Cancun, Mexico from beginning 1/24/12.  They needed upfront exchange fees of $398 to complete the transaction and then I would receive my check before Christmas via Fed Express. The company handling the exchange was supposedly Premier International Exchange Company. I foolishly gave them my credit card number over the phone and then decided to investigate the information I was given.  The address in Las Vegas does not exist, the phone number originated from Fairfield, CA and the Nevada secretary of state did not list them as a valid business name. I contacted my credit card company on the next business day to report this fraudlent transaction and to make sure no charges get posted to my account. I also cancelled the card that same day since they had not received any charges yet.

On 11/7/11, I received a call from Ms. Sofia Channel with Time Share International in thier customer service department at (530) 217-6051. I told her I was not going through with the rental as all of the information they gave me did not check out. She continued to tell me that they have a 100% money back guarantee and I will be getting a check at the end of December. Clearly she did not hear that I was cancelling my agreement since all my research showed they were not a valid company in any way. This phone number was coming from Auburn, CA.  Shortly after the call, I received an email from Global USA Telefonia (globaltelefonia@gmail.com) that included a receipt for the exchange fee of $398.00. This was listed as coming from Ms. Shandy Lane.

Later in November, my credit card company charged me for the exchange fee using the cancelled credit card number. I have had to go through the hassle of disputing this fraudulent change and so far they have credited me back.

If you receive an unsolicited call from this company - hang up as fast as you can!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2012 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Destination-Services/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89107/Destination-Services-Time-Share-International-Time-Share-Rental-Scam-Las-Vegas-Nevada-823438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Destination Services