Complaint Review: Devry University ONLINE

• Reported By: dreher2775 — pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Devry University ONLINE
3005 Highland Parkway Downers Grove, Illinois USA

Devry University ONLINE Devry University, Devry Online Downers Grove Illinois

I was a student at the Devry Online School, during the middle of the semester, I came down with a serious illness that would have kept me out of school for at least the rest of the semester...They told me everything would be ok and that I need to concentrate on my health and they will await my return..After dealing with doctors for weeks and medical test after medical test, they call me and ask me was I going to return, I told them I would like to return but cannot return as of now because I am going through to much, the next day they called me and told me I owe them over a thousand dollers because I dropped out in the middle of the semester.. I told them I could not afford to pay that money because all of my energy was about me getting better plus because of my illness I was not working..The phone calls started coming every day after day after day demanding this money, one person even told me it was not their fault that I dropped out and that I had a medical condition..

After they continued calling me for over month they finally agreed to put me on a forebearance or deferment, which I dont understand why they didnt offer me that in the first place..they sent me a form, the form was asking me too much personal information such as how much was my rent? how much do I pay for food per month how much was my doctor bills, was anyone supporting me  and so forth, I filled it out and returned it, I didnt hear anything from them after a few weeks so I called, they switched me from one department to the next until they told me that they never received the form, they sent me out another one which I filled out again and mailed back, I called a week later to see if they received it, they said they had and were reviewing it...Next thing I know  Devry showed up on my credit report after filling out those lengthy documents.   I wasted my time and energy filling out those silly documents to have them report to the credit bureaus anyway...Avoid this school...they will make you believe they are on your side through sickness and health and tell you not to worry, but as soon as your defenses are down they stab you in the back..They were willing to work with me when they thought I was going to return the next semester but as soon as they knew I could not return at the time they wanted me too..they get you, its like having a two faced friend who smile in your face and than talk behind your back...My sister had a similar problem with them they told her all her educational expenses were covered through grants and loans and when the semester was over they sent her a bill..for books and supplies...and she finished the semester, after she got that bill which my sister could afford to pay it she paid it and immediately dropped out and went to another school she said she can not deal with a school that is as dishonest as Devry....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Devry-University-ONLINE/Downers-Grove-Illinois/Devry-University-ONLINE-Devry-University-Devry-Online-Downers-Grove-Illinois-1056950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Devry University ONLINE