Complaint Review: Devry university

Devry university
Internet USA

Devry university Screwed over veteran Chicago Internet

*Consumer Comment: question

Do not attend Devry! This for profit organization is all about getting your money and could care less about your education.

I was using the post 9/11 gi bill and had some problems with my original major so my GPA dropped, I then changed programs and started bringing my GPA back up. Devry continued to certify my enrollment to the va and the va continued to pay for my school. This was until I received an email from the va stating that to was terminated from the last three semesters for dropping my classes. I had never dropped my classes and was in fact still enrolled. When I called Devry they stated that my academic progression was an issue (even though my GPA was on the rise) and Devry was afraid of getting in trouble with the va. They were not able to input that I was terminated all three semesters for academic progression so they falsely reported that I did not attend. Long story short I was never informed of any of this till three sessions later and I am now stuck with 6000$ in debt. I would be able to beat this with a lawyer I'm sure but that would cost more than I owe so it sounds like I'm screwed. DO NOT GO HERE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Devry-university/internet/Devry-university-Screwed-over-veteran-Chicago-Internet-1088850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Devry university

question

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that, ""They were not able to input that I was terminated all three semesters for academic progression".

What did Devry do exactly? If you were enrolled in courses, their system would show that. If the system shows you as not enrolled (or registered) that's different.  But if the system they use shows you were registered, enrolled, and completed the classes, and THEN they lied to the VA about your status, well, that's outright fraud against the government.

I would seriously pursue this on your own and enlist the help of the VA rep who oversees Devry (not the one actually AT Devry because s/he may be trying to cover their a*s.  Call the main VA number and get some help, because you are getting royally screwed. Also, a copy of all your correspondence to your state's Attorney General and DEpartment of Education will be helpful in getting these types of schools under control.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!