• Report: #311910

• Submitted: Mon, February 25, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2008

• Reported By:lincoln Nebraska
Dex Media
3190 S Vaughn Way 6 North, Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Dex Media Billed for new contract Ive never seen or consented to. Aurora Colorado National US Nationwide

In January of 2007 I entered a one year agreement to purchase IYP listings in two markets from my Dex Media Representative. These were 21.00 per ea per month. The 12 months of the contract expired in January of 2008 and I assumed someone would contact me re: renewal of my ads, which is usual and common practice with all the listing companys I work with. I got my new billing from Dex, and they are now billing me for a new contract which I never saw, consented to or discussed with any of their representatives. The 21.00 listings are now 37.26 ea. So I called Dex assuming that I could straighten out the listings which are not worth extra $ to me. Their representative advises me that Dex signs what are described by sales reps as 12 mo contracts, but are actualy lifetime agreements. The only way to keep the automatic renewal process your tricked into agreeing to is to send written, forms to the particular correct office, person, location, and so on 30 days prior to the expiration of your agreement. In effect you have to go through a legal procedure to get out of your lifetime contract.Wow. I couldnt believe I was hearing correctly. I am really amazed that a company as large as Dex Media utilizes this type of "Gotcha" fine print, sneak up on you contract to force business their way. Im not sure about the legality of this type of black hat sales trick in Nebraska, but Im sure that its very dishonest way to approach a contract. Bringing all this to their attention got me a very rude assurance that on top of trying to rip me off they would do their best to ruin my credit should I stop payment on these lifetime contracts. My next online stop is the Attorney Generals Office. The money isnt the issue, its the unethical and dishonest business practice that needs to be challenged.

Leisure construction inc.
lincoln, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2008 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dex-Media/Aurora-Colorado-80014/Dex-Media-Billed-for-new-contract-Ive-never-seen-or-consented-to-Aurora-Colorado-National-311910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dex Media