Complaint Review: Dex Media

• Reported By: sissy — Wellborn Texas United States of America
Dex Media
1615 Bluff City Highway Bristol, Tennessee United States of America

Dex Media Embarq renewing a contract without permission Bristol, Tennessee

I advertised with Dex last year and had ZERO response so I was not going to renew my ad with them this year. I received the same proof in the mail but did not retur it or give instructions to rerun it. Dex ran the Ad without my permission then billed me for it.

They claim that it was in my original contrat that I must send then a letter stating that I did not want the ad ran to cancel this. Since when do you not have to get permission  to run an ad for a business, I advertise in Two other Phonebooks in my area and have to sign a new contract each year.

This is a Rip Off and I promised Dex that I would share my experience with everyone I know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dex-Media/Bristol-Tennessee-37620/Dex-Media-Embarq-renewing-a-contract-without-permission-Bristol-Tennessee-584905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dex Media